Need extra push

Options
hi my name is Catherine I have been doing my fitness pal for.a while but it seems that I never stick to it :( what keeps everyone going? really need some help

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For me I set realistic goals. Not a number on a scale either. I will buy an outfit one size down and that's what I will work towards. My sister n law left me a pair of her jeans that I couldn't even get over my thighs. Those suckas are over my thighs and they button...a size 15/16 in juniors. I cut them into shorts because the waist is too big ;) Now I'm in search of a new outfit.

You can do this! Find your focus.
  • FloraLyons
    FloraLyons Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good question Catherine (AKA NUNNI), for me, I post a picture of me on the refridge and buy an outfit that is close to my goal. I literally try that joker on EVERY DAY. If one day the pants came to my knees, and the next to the bottom of my thigh, etc I would JUMP FOR JOY. As far as the picture on the refridge, whenever I would be tempted, I would see that picture, and say "am I really hungry? or am I bored?" I realized that I wasn't actually as hungry as I thought. I know you can do this! i'm proud of you for taking the necessary steps to feeling and looking great!
  • lrdavenport23
    lrdavenport23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Catherine, I have always been a yo-yo dieter. But, this time around I have been more focused & consistent than I've ever been to stay motivated. I love sports and I've always been very competitive so what motivates me is a challenge. My co-workers & I started a weight loss challenge, we took pictures of each other with only a sports bra and tights on, and paid $10 a mth into the weight loss pot. The challenge was for 3 mths and whoever lost the most weight won the money and had 2 use the money 2 buy a cute outfit a size smaller than the size before we started the challenge.

I would recommend trying to find other motivated and determined friends to help you along this journey and try to think of some ways to make this weight loss journey fun and creative. Also, make sure to add some different things to do so you all won't get bored. Last week we tried "Meatless Monday" and "Waterfull Wednesday" which meant we couldn't have any fried meat or no meat at all, and that Wed. we had to try and drink a gallon of water.

Hope this helps!
  • anastasiaevans
    Options
    I haven't been on here long but after losing a hundred lbs I hit a plateau and joined this site I just think the motivation from everyone on here helps because since joining I lost 5more lbs yaaa!!!