Muffin Top

Options
2»

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I agree with doing Jillian's 30DS daily. In 2 weeks I cannot believe how much my muffin top has been reduced!!!
  • hmock93
    hmock93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow Steph! That's motivational right there. Good job

Good luck with your journey Tweety! I'm already inspired, lol
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    The top is my favorite part of the muffin.

ME TOO - but not on my torso...:laugh: :noway:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Eat better. Losing weight happens in the kitchen.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    A reasonable calorie deficit, combined with a mix of cardio and strength training will get rid of the muffin top. You can do the 30DS but you don't have to. Any program will work, so long as you are reducing your body fat percentage.

Also, you cannot spot reduce.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Jillian will definitely help tone down your middle. However, a large part of the 'muffin top' problem stems very simply from wearing pants that are too small. If they fit correctly around the waist, there should be no 'top'. Wearing pants that are too tight in the middle only displaces the belly fat and pushes it up and over the waistband, creating the 'muffin top' effect. I know, it sucks to think you might actually be wearing a larger size than you have been, but unfortunately it's a truth. If you're working with Jillian, though, you should be in the pants you already own, sans muffin top, in no time! Good luck!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do the 15-minute a day workout by J.P. Muller. Well, it's 15 minutes once you know what you're doing, but it should never be more than half an hour a day even during the learning process. You can download a pdf of it online. Kafka swore by it (no I am not kidding). Description here: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/fitness/2011/01/kafkas_calisthenics.html
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Spot exercising is a total waste of time. Just do general strength training with some cardio mixed in, and eat right and your muffin top will disappear.
    ^^^^ this ^^^^
    Agree w/this and this
  • Josethetrainer
    Options
    Go to the gym.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Well.......I get rid of mine by munching on it. Mmmmmm Muffin top

tumblr_lsklufMj481qcfirio1_500.jpg

:laugh:

In all seriousness though. Agreed with many of the posters on here. A combo of good clean eating and circuit or strength training will get you the best results.
  • hmock93
    hmock93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is a delicious looking muffin top right there. :love:
    Gym isn't an option but I'll take all of your comments and make a plan for myself. Thanks to everyone.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    All this talk of muffins makes me hungry.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Thanks :) Apparently you can watch 30DS on Youtube? Not sure how easy it will be to watch that on a computer and workout?
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options

30 day shred! Hands down! See how my muffin top disappeared: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StephRP80/view/30ds-round-2-up-to-day-24-of-level-3-245819

You look amazing! Great job!

• neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Thanks :) Apparently you can watch 30DS on Youtube? Not sure how easy it will be to watch that on a computer and workout?

Also your library has it, I'm sure.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Oh okay so Jillian can help with upper body strength. That's great. I just bought two of her DVDs Buns & Thighs and 6 week Six-Pack. I'm looking for buddies to do it with me! Thanks for the tip

I previously did 30 day shred but didn't finish - I actually found some of her other DVDs better for me, and they will all work to burn fat off your body, including but not focused on your muffin top.

So I say give the ones you have bought a try, stick with it a couple of weeks, and if you eat right too you'll soon see huge changes.

Good luck!