Breakfast ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would be more curious as to what time you eat dinner and such.
    Do people that don't like breakfast eat late at night?
    Some people say if you drink some water in morning it help get your digestion going too.

I was also curious about the dinner time / late night snacking.
    I usually eat dinner around 6 or 6:30 pm and I'm starving when I get up the next morning. No way I could skip breakfast and function properly!

Not that I'm recommending that you skip breakfast because you can really do as you please provided your total daily intake is reasonable:

But regarding the above, one of your hunger signaling hormones (ghrelin) is adaptable in that when you adopt specific eating patterns it will adjust to a degree, making it easier to stick to those eating patterns. Additionally, since you would be consuming a greater portion of calories closer to bedtime, you won't be as ravenous when you wake up because less time has elapsed between your last meal and typically it would be a larger meal.
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This metabolism myth does not surprise me it seems harder and harder to find good scientific information. As for dinner I eat between 5:30 and 6:00pm somedays I may snack around 8:00pm but not always. On days I jog in the morning I have an apple before hand and I have lunch around noon or 1:00.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This metabolism myth does not surprise me it seems harder and harder to find good scientific information. As for dinner I eat between 5:30 and 6:00pm somedays I may snack around 8:00pm but not always. On days I jog in the morning I have an apple before hand and I have lunch around noon or 1:00.

Provided that you feel fine, perform fine for your workouts (no energy issues) and provided that you are able to stay within your total daily intake of calories and macronutrients, you can basically eat when it best suits your lifestyle.

If personal preference dictates that you skip breakfast and eat larger dinners instead, or whatever the case may be, then you should go with that method because that's what is going to give you the best adherence to your plan.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Eating breakfast to "kick start" your metabolism is a myth

Agree. Totally. :smile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast to "kick start" your metabolism is a myth, don't feel hungry in the morning, then don't eat.

Slowpoke.

;)

LOL, just woke up, still groggy.
    Get an apple in you to get that brain of yours working, friend! :tongue:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Provided that you feel fine, perform fine for your workouts (no energy issues) and provided that you are able to stay within your total daily intake of calories and macronutrients, you can basically eat when it best suits your lifestyle.

If personal preference dictates that you skip breakfast and eat larger dinners instead, or whatever the case may be, then you should go with that method because that's what is going to give you the best adherence to your plan.

Agree with above. If you are hungry, eat. If not, don't. Do what works for you. Me, on the other hand, I feel the need to eat within 30 minutes of waking up. My mother...is complete opposite. She is like you. She wakes up around 9 or 10, has her coffee and probably don't eat anything until about 2pm. That is usually on the weekends though.