I'm in the 160s!!

Options

Replies

• sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring!! I too thought my 145 in highschool was horrifying because my best friend weighed 108 and never flucuated from that so I felt like a cow. Now I would feel like the smallest person in the world at 145. Congrats on your accomplishment and I hope to be joining you in the sucess club soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • brendakellyknight
    Options
    That is so awesome. You have given me encouragement . I started out in Feb. 2012 at 269 and now I am 237 I would like to get to the 160 goal myself.

Peace & Blessings
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Beautifully done!!! Congrats!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I remember in high school seeing a 160 number on the scale and hating it, thinking I needed to be 120. I have no idea where I got 120, but even though 160 was perfectly healthy for my height, I was convinced I was overweight, and self-conscious about it.

Flash forward through college, marriage, and three kids (in 4 years), and I found myself at 276, wishing to be back at that number that made me so unhappy in high school. I did my research, found that 160-165 is pretty much perfect for my 5'9 frame, and I started counting calories. That was in July of 2011... and this morning, May 10, 2012, I weighed in at 168.4. And I feel AMAZING! 160 is my goal, and I'll get there, but this number is giving me an unexpected feeling of success. I've lost 108 lbs with plain old diet and exercise- no fads, no surgery, just willpower and the support of my friends and family. I'm really, really proud of myself, and grateful to everyone who has helped me along the way.

I guess I better start researching "maintainer" lifestyle, since I'm only 8.4 lbs away from it!

Congratulations!!!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well done! :drinker:
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Crazy, right? Back in high school, I wanted to just get below 160. Now that I actually understand my body, I'd love to get to about 165, but with muscle this time around :)

Congrats on your journey!!
  • Errica32
    Errica32 Posts: 40
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your success story! Congrats!!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Great work!! :)

Isn't it amazing how our perspectives change as we get older? I wish I had been more confident and appreciated my body back when I was younger. I used to weigh 120lbs...and I thought I was fat. I use to cover myself up at the beach!! Now I am 30lbs heavier then that and have TONS more confidence...
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed......and SO Happy for you !! Keep up the great job you're doing......and treat yourself, because you deserve it !! Do something nice just for you.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • queensassypants
    Options
    that is exactly what i was thinking this morning! here's to the 160's - they will be so much more fun the second time around!!!
  • ARiepel11
    ARiepel11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! That must be such a wonderful feeling. I can completely relate to your story. I was also 160 in high school and thought I should weigh much less. After getting to 224 by the end of college, I would be ecstatic to weigh 160 again. I am currently at 188 and still hold 160 as my goal. Isn't funny how our perspective changes?
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! we're the same height and 155- 160 is my goal. i'm about 15 lbs away! great job!! :)
  • viki1123
    viki1123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I'm 5'9 and in high school when I was around 150 I thought I was so. big. When I graduated college at 225 now THAT was big. I'm at 186 now with my first goal at 175. I haven't set my second goal yet but I'd love to be in the 160s.

Thanks for the extra motivation boost!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. And all you wonderful looking women in the 160's-70's are making me re-evaluate my own goal because if I can look as good as you do at that weight, then I'll be very happy there.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational success! This is a fantastic motivator for me :)
  • JEDIMASTER1
    JEDIMASTER1 Posts: 20
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :smile: Great job! My favorite thing you said, was you did by old fashioned diet and exercise! If only people could grasp that. Hard work and patience pays off and you have shown that! WAY TO GO!!!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I don't even know you and I'm REALLY REALLY proud of you! You are an inspiration!!!
    What a roll model for healthy living! A real person who didn't go to a "ranch" and have a trainer screaming in her face with camera's rolling! I like your style!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!