THE AVENGERS (Not a spoiler)

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
So.. everyone knows that the setting of the movie takes place in New York. My only question is where the HELL was Spiderman in all of that madness?!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So.. everyone knows that the setting of the movie takes place in New York. My only question is where the HELL was Spiderman in all of that madness?!
    Or the Fantastic Four? Lol, the Human Torch would have had to deal with his twin in Captain America! As a matter of fact, Dare Devil could have been there too.
    As for Spiderman..............the tights keep changing so you don't know which Spiderman would have shown up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

Vacation?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    IIRC from comics, Spider-Man was at first not deemed suitable for the Avengers for some reason, even though he wanted to be one. He did eventually join their ranks at various times.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    The Fantastic Four were on a vacation to space. Spider-Man was in class. The X-Men were hiding in the Danger Room.

Dr. Strange was...well, I don't know where he was.
    -wtk
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think it had something to do with contract negotiations.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Spidey's owned by another studio. It's a mess.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    IIRC from comics, Spider-Man was at first not deemed suitable for the Avengers for some reason, even though he wanted to be one. He did eventually join their ranks at various times.

This is incorrect. Spiderman was never part of the The Avengers Comics. It was not until the New Avengers that he was "brought in".
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm more anxious to see Ant-Man join the team.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    He was out on Fire Island enjoying some much needed time off.
  • KingRoaVa
    KingRoaVa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Fox owns the contract to spiderman.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    ah... bummer :/
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

This is incorrect. Spiderman was never part of the The Avengers Comics. It was not until the New Avengers that he was "brought in".

I did say 'IIRC", because I haven't really followed comics that closely in a long time. :) After doing some more digging it seems that he only attained status as a reserve member, prior to New Avengers.