How do I get food off of my mind!!

Options
I work in an office, and I am pretty sure every other day there is a pot luck or someone is going out to lunch and sometimes it is so hard to say no. I want to loose this weight so bad, but for some reason I want the food more : ( I need to get out of this funk!

HELP!

Replies

• nikkilou_hawley
    Options
    I am sooooo right there with you. I am stuck here, no real good options for food. Oh and we have a snackfund full of crap right next door. I am trying my best to bring snacks from home, but I live far from work, and to be honest, we hate grocery shopping. I only have 17 calories left for the day and we were planning a nice dinner with family and friends for a birthday tonight. *SMH* I feel your pain.
  • astuderus
    astuderus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Then the other down fall to everything is, nothing ever sounds good. I get stuck in a rut bringing the same "healthy" foods to work everyday and then I get bored of it. Hmm..

This blows ha.
  • rmarie1017
    rmarie1017 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem literally right this moment. We just had someone bring in some orange cranberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, and a chocolate ripple cake. It is killing me not to devour all of them!
  • nikkilou_hawley
    Options
    LOL I know right!? I went to a nutritionist to try to learn how to eat better and she gave me a whole bunch of recipes and menu's and pretty much everything.... I just have to go buy the food and make it. That is where my biggest downfall is. I dont like preparing it and taking it with me. So it sits uneatten until it goes bad and I throw it out or I go and pick something up. Its a nasty cycle that I have to try to pull myself out of but am stuggling there the most! Eating is the only thing that is holding my progression back. I work out at least 3 times a week, usually closer to 5-7 times, with a couple 2-a days. But having a calorie limit? Its gone by lunch.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    sex
  • astuderus
    astuderus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh I know how that goes, today (suprise) were having a birthday potluck. Its like these people find any excuse to bring food. And then! Every third Friday of the month...Bagel Day.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    By keeping yourself full.

Have a breakfast that will keep you filled up longer, something like oatmeal with fruit or an omelette with some veggies. Bring some almonds to munch on if you feel like you need a pick me up, or something like the Special K fruit crisps (they're two bars per package and the entire package is only 100 calories. They're very tasty!) and when the potluck comes around, or an invitation to lunch , you'll not even feel hungry to begin with.

If you are genuinely hungry by the time these events happen know that you CAN partake in them if you moderate your portions and make good choices. If work has a potluck and 3 people bring cakes, doughnuts, and muffins but 4 people brought fruit salad, pasta, sandwiches, and soup then you have a choice to make. Have a serving of fruit salad, pick half a white meat sandwich minus mayo, and have a warm cup of soup or chili. If you go out to lunch you're able to order your own meals and it's up to you to make a good choice. You could order a pasta dish with grilled chicken and veggies where the pasta isn't swimming in a cream sauce and ask for half the portion to be wrapped up so you'll be limiting what you're eating and have something tasty for dinner the next day.

I feel like I am the only person who actually LOVES eating salads and sandwiches and grilled chicken and fruit and veggies :P I could eat a salad every day! I love grilled chicken stir fry with lots of veggies and steamy rice. If you'd like to know some of my favorite foods to make you can send me a message and maybe I can offer something new to try so you don't get bored of the same-ol-some-ol'