Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low Cal substitues for creamers for coffee

I `m a coffee girl ,
i do not function without it ,
but because of my father who introduced me to coffee the way he made it at a young age ,
I have to drink it with creamer ,

Do any of you know a good cal substitute ?

Replies

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 233 Member
    I'm the same way! I use half-n-half in my coffee. I have cut way down, but that is one thing I won't give up completely.
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Have you tried the sugar free creamers? They maybe lower in calories. I like the sugar free syrups, half vanilla half raspberry in my americanos.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    skim milk?
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Light cream and sugar all the way. I won't give it up either.
    You can use fat free brands and substitute sugars but they say those are not good for you. :ohwell:
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Low fat or sugar free CoffeeMate or International Delight if you have to but why mess up a good thing? Make room for it in your day or do a few more minutes of exercise if you have to.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    I substitute unsweetened/sweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk. Its lower in calories than dairy milk, and nutritious! 40 calories for 1 CUP of the unsweetened vanilla. 120 calories for 1 cup of the sweetened dark chocolate. (gives coffee a mocha flavor.) YUM!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    I substitute unsweetened/sweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk. Its lower in calories than dairy milk, and nutritious! 40 calories for 1 CUP of the unsweetened vanilla. 120 calories for 1 cup of the sweetened dark chocolate. (gives coffee a mocha flavor.) YUM!

YUM! This!!! Or almond milk and some unsweetened cocoa powder
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    I am struggling too. I measure my French vanilla creamer (2-3 tbs) every morning and limit myself to just the one cup during the week and occasionally 2 on the weekend. It is a challenge being in love with coffee! But cutting back on caffeine intake has many benefits, good luck.
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 56 Member
    bump
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 686 Member
    skim milk
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Powdered skim milk - like Carnation. Doesn't dilute your coffee the way skim milk does. - Or make it cold!
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member

Amazing thought! I will have to try this!! You're a genious!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    FF creamers, flavored and unflavoried
    Torani sugar free flavors, in the coffee isle
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    i use the sugar free creamers - lower in calories and they seem to be sweeter so i don't use as much sugar
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    I use the Organic Valley half & half because it tastes so much better than any of the artificial crap. Something else to consider trying is some of the Virgin Coconut Oil...I've been using a little of it with my creamer and it's great ;)

EDIT - not sure those are exactly "low cal" substitutes though...sorry.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk - 10 cals, 1/2 T cocoa powder - 5 cals, and splenda to taste. Delicious.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    milk
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    We use almond milk! :)
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Almond milk looks like a winner. That's what I do, too. I use 2 oz. (2 Tbsp) of unsweetend almond milk in a large mug of coffee. I haven't desired sweetened coffee in years, so the almond milk is just enough to give a little creaminess to the coffee. Awesome!
  • Picklefish
    Picklefish Posts: 4
    Today I decided to pick up some fat free (maybe low fat, I'm not entirely sure) half and half and sugar free syrup. I tend to use 3-4 tablespoons of creamer and like two cups a day, so I am trying something new.