Low Cal substitues for creamers for coffee

Options
I `m a coffee girl ,
i do not function without it ,
but because of my father who introduced me to coffee the way he made it at a young age ,
I have to drink it with creamer ,

Do any of you know a good cal substitute ?

Replies

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I use half-n-half in my coffee. I have cut way down, but that is one thing I won't give up completely.
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the sugar free creamers? They maybe lower in calories. I like the sugar free syrups, half vanilla half raspberry in my americanos.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    skim milk?
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Light cream and sugar all the way. I won't give it up either.
    You can use fat free brands and substitute sugars but they say those are not good for you. :ohwell:
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Low fat or sugar free CoffeeMate or International Delight if you have to but why mess up a good thing? Make room for it in your day or do a few more minutes of exercise if you have to.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I substitute unsweetened/sweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk. Its lower in calories than dairy milk, and nutritious! 40 calories for 1 CUP of the unsweetened vanilla. 120 calories for 1 cup of the sweetened dark chocolate. (gives coffee a mocha flavor.) YUM!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    I substitute unsweetened/sweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk. Its lower in calories than dairy milk, and nutritious! 40 calories for 1 CUP of the unsweetened vanilla. 120 calories for 1 cup of the sweetened dark chocolate. (gives coffee a mocha flavor.) YUM!

YUM! This!!! Or almond milk and some unsweetened cocoa powder
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    I am struggling too. I measure my French vanilla creamer (2-3 tbs) every morning and limit myself to just the one cup during the week and occasionally 2 on the weekend. It is a challenge being in love with coffee! But cutting back on caffeine intake has many benefits, good luck.
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    skim milk
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Powdered skim milk - like Carnation. Doesn't dilute your coffee the way skim milk does. - Or make it cold!
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Amazing thought! I will have to try this!! You're a genious!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    FF creamers, flavored and unflavoried
    Torani sugar free flavors, in the coffee isle
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i use the sugar free creamers - lower in calories and they seem to be sweeter so i don't use as much sugar
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I use the Organic Valley half & half because it tastes so much better than any of the artificial crap. Something else to consider trying is some of the Virgin Coconut Oil...I've been using a little of it with my creamer and it's great ;)

EDIT - not sure those are exactly "low cal" substitutes though...sorry.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk - 10 cals, 1/2 T cocoa powder - 5 cals, and splenda to taste. Delicious.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    milk
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We use almond milk! :)
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Almond milk looks like a winner. That's what I do, too. I use 2 oz. (2 Tbsp) of unsweetend almond milk in a large mug of coffee. I haven't desired sweetened coffee in years, so the almond milk is just enough to give a little creaminess to the coffee. Awesome!
  • Picklefish
    Picklefish Posts: 4
    Options
    Today I decided to pick up some fat free (maybe low fat, I'm not entirely sure) half and half and sugar free syrup. I tend to use 3-4 tablespoons of creamer and like two cups a day, so I am trying something new.