Not a challenge or a goal but an INVITATION to learn

Options
My 28 day plan for May -- note I said PLAN not diet or goal -- goals are suspended (temporarily).

First, NO SCALE. I am not going to weigh during these next 28 days. The scale is hidden.

Second, what is the focus: 3 simple steps -- DAILY (1) clean eating (2) 10 glasses of water and (3) 30 minutes of exercise.

I weighed and took pictures on May 5, 2011. I will see where I am at on June 2 (28 days). I need to stop focusing on numbers -- they lead to negativity, loss of motivation, feelings of failure, etc, all because they don't move or move in the wrong direction. Instead, I am taking 4 weeks -- 28 days -- to train myself on the basics -- food, water and activity. If anyone else wants to join me in this, you are more than welcome. :happy:

Replies

• christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good plan. The scale can be misleading because muscle can weigh the same as fat but yet is so much leaner.
  • stephanie012000
    stephanie012000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May 7 successfully completed.
  • stephanie012000
    Options
    May 8 mostly successful, but for a moment of weakness in the evening with a slice of cheese coffeecake and a glass of wine.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Keep it up - you can do this. :tongue:
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    Follow that good old 80/20 rule. Be good 80% of the time. If you go too strict it is sometimes too much to take and results in failure.

I love your plan, BTW. I think it is such a great personal challenge for yourself and I may try it one of these days. I hope you see amazing results this month!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump. I need to join you on this just to get a good jump kick on my weight loss.
  • stephanie012000
    Options
    May 9 report: successfully complete the water part. Was good on clean eating until about 9pm, when epic fail and had kettle corn, candy coated popcorn, peanuts, and 2 glasses of wine. Also, had to work late and didnt have time to get to the gym. Not getting bummed... it's ok to have one night off, I guess. Back on track today.
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    I set a plan for myself for the next 28 days, too. It's easier for me to do it that was than to look ahead into forever. No scale, no measurements, one day a week to indulge (ie: drink! I'm 22 and I don't want to miss out), and 23 days of workouts. That gives me one day a week to let my muscles rest, and one extra day thrown in there so I don't beat myself up. Also, I'm planning on having my day to indulge and my day to let my muscles rest NOT be on the same day. I don't know why, but a day where I just forget what I've learned completely sounds very dangerous for the way I form habits. So yesterday, since it was my indulgence day, I worked out in the morning, ate sensibly during the day, then had a calorie-packed dinner and drinks with my girlfriends. It felt good, and most of all-- doable. If I can't stick with it, there's no point.
  • stephanie012000
    Options
    I am now keeping track of my daily posts about my May plan on my personal blog. I hope all of you keep up the work this month. I will post on this thread again at the end of my timeframe. :happy: