Heya, I'm new here...

Options
I've been "trying" to lose weight for years now but I am sick of not really keeping track of the progress I am making and what I am eating. I have been getting more and more active over the past two years and that has really helped me get to where I feel like I can do this even though I have so much weight to lose. I actually have been doing the couch to 5k program for exercise (fast walking for the running sections) and I have stuck with it, three days a week, for over a month now without skipping. So now I am trying to work in some low weight high rep lifting into the mix. However, even with all the exercise I really need to change how I am eating. I started a blog about two weeks ago where I keep track of what I eat by posting pictures of everything that I eat before I eat it. The blog has really been helping because I know that when I really don't want to post something I shouldn't be eating it. A friend of mine suggested that I try this app on my phone and I figured, why not? So here I am, new here, and willing to make some friends and provide support and maybe even get some back.

Replies

• bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome, you are in the right place. Lots of great people and support. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me! I log daily and I'm all about positivity of self and others. (:

Best wishes,
    Raay
    xo
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like. :D and welcome!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I log my food and exercise daily, and am always available for a little friendly support! Best of luck!
  • MzNiz
    MzNiz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So far this program has helped me lose weight in the little time I have used it because I am accountable and can see how the things I eat play into my health along with the exercise. Glad you are here, we can all do this together. Be patient and have fun.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I think this will work out well, let's see how well I do over the next month or so. :) I am looking forward to it!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job at sticking to C25K!! I'm on Week 2 and tomorrow will be my Day 3, it's going well so far. Love to have you as a friend!