Replies

• roland090171
    Options
    Great Job!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nice work. I know that feeling too!

As someone else has said, that first mile is the hardest. Once you get into that rhythm and it's one foot in front of the other, it does get easier to 'just do one more mile'. I'm on 5k so far. Plan to push further in a month or so, but that first mile is always the tough one.

Keep it up!
  • blackeyegirl
    Options
    Congratulations! Your success is an inspiration to me and countless others on mfp! Keep sharing your successes. I am currently doing c25k and am hopeful that I'll be able to complete the program (only on week 2). I look forward to being able to accomplish running a mile as well! Woo hoo for you!!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yeah I am a typical 4.8mph runner. Sometime I get up to 5.5mph. Keep up the good work.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both achievements!! Running your first mile in amazing! You are an inspiration to me. I am still not able to do
    a mile for the last 15 years. Thank you for this post. You ROCK!!
  • johnstegeman
    johnstegeman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome, and that's not slow. I run around 3.5-4mph....that's slow.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I can't wait to get to that point, I'm glad your still on the "high"
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good job! Or should I say...jog? Keep up the motivation ~ you'll be running your first 5k before you know it!
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • PinkShoe24
    PinkShoe24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing feeling! Thank you for sharing your success with us! I'm sure you've inspired not only me, but many others to get out there and do it!
  • orange_you_glad
    orange_you_glad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is SO AWESOME! You should feel super mega-proud. Up until five years ago, I was in the same boat as you. I'd never run a full mile start-to-finish. Congrats!
  • biff54928
    biff54928 Posts: 35
    Options
    Great going little sis! Very proud of you since I can't do it yet! Love ya :0)
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Awesome! Full of positive energy! WTG!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The first is the hardest, keep it up and you'll be surprised at your progress! Congratulations to an amazing 'mile'stone.
  • jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Hard work pays off!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel ... because I ran my first mile today too! :drinker:
  • s_jane
    s_jane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was the same way with the presidential fitness test lol. You've given me hope that I might one day be a runner. :)
  • 1stladygigi
    1stladygigi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome, congrats to you
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the first mile is a wonderful feeling eh? just keep at it.. i'm thinking i want to do the disney marathon in january 2014.. you in? lol
    (i will only run half of it.. i'll walk the rest).
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's wonderful! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!