No Scale Challenge (open group)

Options
I am mainly doing this challege for myself, but I do much better when others are involved - it keeps me honest this way. So, here is my challege...we will put the scale away for 1 MONTH (from May 11 to June 11). We will ONLY rely on the tape measurer and body fat % but NO SCALE. So if you are interested, take your measurements and calculate your body fat %. Some scales can calculate your body fat % but I use a website. We will check our measurements every week (on Thursdays) to see if there is a difference then after a month on June 11, we will weigh.

Remember that the scale only gives half the picture and can very easily lie where as the tape measure and body fat % is reliable. So, who is with me and ready to get lean???

Replies

• SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! What site do you use to calculate body fat %?
  • alliesmom07
    alliesmom07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im interested in doing this!
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    Count me in !!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in on this!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've got it! Thanks!
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    i do it this way allllll the time hence the reason my ticker never moves. i am an official scale HATER but find great pleasure in seeing inches disappear & clothes fitting better. when i feel like there was a big enough loss to see the numbers drop 20+ lbs i'll get back on it.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I'll do it! I need motivation to get away from the scale and measure my progress in other ways!
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    There's a challenge called "No Weigh May" (: and I've been taking part in it! I'm dyyyying to see what the scale says come June 1st!
  • kimmycj13
    kimmycj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i am in
  • arelis0219
    arelis0219 Posts: 8
    Options
    COUNT WITH ME ! AM DIVORCING THE SCALE!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Ok...for those that are joining - make sure to take your measurements and figure out your body fat % (I put the website in an earlier post). Lets lose inches and body fat together!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had a message about what do you do when you see a loss in inches/body fat. I am going to check mine once a week (every Thursday), and I will public post it here whether I lose anything, gain anything, or stay the same. Feel free to do the same (if you feel comfortable). If not, you can just post that you lost something or you can feel free to send it to me privately. It is up to you, but I will post mine publically - it helps me stay accountable that way. Good luck everyone :)
  • jazzrose007
    jazzrose007 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I actually decided this morning that I will weigh in once a month. Glad you started this.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have to find a way to stop weighing myself everyday(multiple times). I think this will help me alot.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Im in!!
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate too! I need to just learn to be happy with eating well and treating my body with respect through excersize etc.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm down, I like this idea! :happy:
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was thinking of avoiding the scale this month, so this is perfect really! I am going out of town tonight though, so I can't post my measurements until Sunday.