Ab workout

Options
Hi,

I am looking for a 10 minute ab workout that I can do at home at night without any equipment. Anyone has something that is working well for them? I coach a varsity girls soccer team so I daily run 20 minutes, do sprints, scrimage with the team, and do stairs but no abs!

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• kirahooper
    Options
    I have a ab workout you can do, its called "Ab Leg Lifts." I works out your lower part of your Abs. What you do is...

1. Lay down flat on your back, hands dow at your side.
    2. With your legs together you lift them as up then back down (the higher you lift, the more workout you get).
    3. Do 30 of those and you will definately feel the burn.

Its a great excercise to do when your trying to get rid of that little pouch that don't want to go away.
  • heathyr
    Options
    to add to kirahooper's idea. do same thing she described. but have someone assit you. here's while your laying down, have someone stand stradiling your head. then grap there ankles. have them push your feet to the ground, tightening your abs while they do this. then lift your legs as quickly as possible and repeat. to add to this you can work your obliques doing the same thing, just have your partner throw your feet to the side and down instead of straight down. hope this made sense, hard to explain.
  • kittynurse
    Options
    The ab workout from P90x still makes me almost cry and I've done it a billion times. Do a google search for "Ab Ripper X" and see if you can find a list and descriptions of the routine. Or just go get a copy of the whole system. You won't regret it :wink:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We are fortunate enough to have a weight bench and a dip tower. I do 2 ab work 3 times a week when I do my weights workout. Thinking about doing abs daily - I hear they are a muscle that responds well to daily training.

I lay on my back on the bench, though the floor would work, and do 30 flutter kicks.

Then I do 30 low crunches.

Then I hang by the forearms on the dip tower and do 30 oblique knee raises (15 right - 15 left).

Then I go fool around with other exercises for awhile, and then come back and do another set of each.

Really the most important thing for good muscle-beach abs is just getting the bodyfat off'a them. I had great lumpy abdomenal muscles, but until I got the BF down around 14% you couldn't tell. :laugh:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Runners world has an ultimate ab workout. It is listed at:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263-266-12415-0,00.html

However, to make yourself balance don't forget to work your back as well as the abs. That is how I got injured recently. My back wasn't strong enough.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have a ab workout you can do, its called "Ab Leg Lifts." I works out your lower part of your Abs. What you do is...

1. Lay down flat on your back, hands dow at your side.
    2. With your legs together you lift them as up then back down (the higher you lift, the more workout you get).
    3. Do 30 of those and you will definately feel the burn.

Its a great excercise to do when your trying to get rid of that little pouch that don't want to go away.

thanks for the tip =] lol.. im going to start doing this!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there is any reason that you don't have your soccer team do ab work, and work that alongside them? Core strength is important for them, too! My son is 9 and his soccer team practices even include some crunches and ab leg lifts!
  • stephcheers
    Options

Thanks. What is it with that "little pouch" anyway? LOL
    I'm going to try this one tonight.
  • akeyla3
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I played volleyball all my highschool career, and ABS was a MAJOR part of our workout...
    Just wondering if there is any reason that you don't have your soccer team do ab work, and work that alongside them? Core strength is important for them, too! My son is 9 and his soccer team practices even include some crunches and ab leg lifts!
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Exercise TV has some great 10 minute ab workouts. One I like is a FusionCore routine.
  • rlm123
    rlm123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    look into "Ab Ripper X " from p90x it's only a 17 min. work out.
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Exercise TV has some great 10 minute ab workouts. One I like is a FusionCore routine.
    YOu can find these on the web www.exercisetv.com
  • maggiemenard
    Options
    The Biggest Loser website and workouts have great ab workouts. Usually when you are in a push up position and pull one leg toward your chest. Just do that rep, several times.

But the Biggest Loser has lots of options. It's always worked for me.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    It's been said here before, but I'll say it again....

Ab Ripper X

I've done almost every core (abdonimal, oblique, lower back) routine there is - Abs of Steel, Windsor Pilates, Ab Classes at the gym, crunches, left lifts, etc, and it's true - Ab Ripper X is pretty killer. It is challenging, so instead of doing 500 crunches, you can do really tough exercises right from the start.

Let us know what you think of it!
    :flowerforyou:
    Betty
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    We do have our soccer girls do an ab workout but the captians run it since we can't get down to practice in time after school so I don't get to participate in it :C

Thanks for the suggestions. I am just looking for some different exercises besides the basic ones that I already know/do. I want some intensive activities and some of those look good, Thanks.