Breaking Out

Options
Has anyone noticed they're breaking out? I mean, I'm eating healthier / better foods than I was before starting on here, and I've never had a problem with pimples of any sort. I'd get the odd one maybe every six months or so. But never to this point, I've probably got like FIVE right now!

Replies

• LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem right now and it makes no sense because I drink so much more water these days than I used to and I eat better.

I think it's down to my new contraceptive pill. Could it be something similar for you?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem right now and it makes no sense because I drink so much more water these days than I used to and I eat better.

I think it's down to my new contraceptive pill. Could it be something similar for you?

Hm.. I've been on Depo since November, and I've only recently noticed that I'm breaking out. It's so weird because I wouldn't have thought this would happen when eating better lol.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Eeessshhh.. I am having the same issues. I eat pretty clean most of the time and drink tons of water. I shower directly after my workouts. You could play connect the dots on my face right now. Sooo aggravating.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Eeessshhh.. I am having the same issues. I eat pretty clean most of the time and drink tons of water. I shower directly after my workouts. You could play connect the dots on my face right now. Sooo aggravating.

Aw babe, that sucks.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I find that my break outs are related to the change in seasons. Especially now that it's getting warmer and the air is more moist, I tend to break out a lot more (and I hardly ever break out!). Stress is another huge factor for me. And then I stress about the stress pimples, and it all goes down hill from there!
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I find that tanning helps clear up my skin. I am starting next week. Its getting outta control yo!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I find that tanning helps clear up my skin. I am starting next week. Its getting outta control yo!
    Hm... I'm going to look into getting a package.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i would suggest getting a vitamin D supplement. your skin naturally makes vitamin when it gets UV rays. you need vitamin D, but too much UV rays can lead to melanoma (that also deals a lot with genetics but thats a different discussion lol)

i run a cold wash cloth over my face before i go to work (after a shower) and before i go to bed to get the excess oils, skin cells, etc. off my face and it seems to work pretty well for me. be careful with harsh chemicals in face washes and creams (i actually wash my face sparsely and no longer use creams). let me know if you are more interested in this technique, ill give you a much more detailed routine.
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm breaking out as well at the moment. If you start eating a lot of fruit and veg then you are essentially detoxing your body and that causes spots.

Don't worry, they'll go away soon!!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Same. Started the last 2 months. And no, it does not seem to be going away soon. I haven't changed anything except upped strength training and I feel disgusting with pimples ON the pimples on my chin :<
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem!! I never had skin problems before, and right now I'm actually embarrassed to go out in public! I've made an appointment to go see a dermatologist and maybe get some recommendations!
  • mimyyoung
    mimyyoung Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i was having that problem as well. i dont think it's diet-related (although it might play a role) since i've been vegetarian for 10+ years.

i recommend you wash your face after the workout or wipe it with a toner (I use witch hazel) and you will see all the gunk built up after the workout. i realized that i was mainly getting blackheads so once i got them extracted and under control by using a consistent skincare regimen, my face has cleared up quite a bit! :D
  • mimyyoung
    mimyyoung Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem!! I never had skin problems before, and right now I'm actually embarrassed to go out in public! I've made an appointment to go see a dermatologist and maybe get some recommendations!

i don't recommend dermatologists.. i had a terrible experience with them and they just prescribed medication after medication until something would work. -_- you can try going to an esthetician and maybe they can map out your skin problems.