Wii workouts

Options
Does anyone use a Wii for workout games?

I've got Wii Fit and EA Sports Active 2 already, but I'm getting bored and considering purchasing a new game.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have those two, but quit using wii fit as I find it to be extremely boring. I also mix up EA active 2 with zumba 2 and golds gym dance workout. That way if i dont feel like doing a coordinated exercise program, I can just pick some songs, dance, move and sweat like a fool, and still feel it the next day while burning quite a few calories!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for Wii and I love it. I don't do it often, because I am at the gym on most days. But, when I do it at home, I love it.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I saw those at the store when I was looking, but I'm always afraid of dance type games because I have absolutely no rhythm. I swear I'm probably the worlds worst dancer!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Exerbeat is fun. It does have some dance .... but lots of other things too. Karate, Boxing, Yoga, Pilates, and Dance. It starts off pretty slow .... you have to use it a bit before you can pick the longer workouts. Once you get going .. it's good.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this one, sounds like I'll have to check it out tho, thanks!
  • bag101
    bag101 Posts: 9
    Options
    i love just dance1 2 or 3 and fun music
  • Lidenbrock
    Lidenbrock Posts: 47
    Options
    Just Dance 3 and Zumba 2
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Active 2. I also have wii fit - but agree with someone else that posted it gets boring. I really like the Active 2 game - its fun and it wears me out...
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 and LOVE it (who cares if I'm uncoordinated, no one is watching me at home :P). I have one of the Just Dance games - 3, I think - and it's OK but not really my cup of tea, apparently. I also have the Golds Gym Shadow Boxing game, and THAT one IS a workout. The Wii Fit Plus I use for yoga mostly, some of the games just 'cuz they're fun, but I don't really like it for cardio. My boys, however, LOVE the running game :) (they're 5, 3, and 1.5).
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    dance dance revolution
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Any of the wii just dance games there great and if u have kids it's fun to battle them! But I do about 8 songs and I am really sweating!
  • aratliff101803
    Options
    I just recently bought the first Wii Zumba game and I love it. I'm slowly building that collection and I'm going to get a Wii Fit soon. :) Yeah, I'm a little behind lol
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii fit Plus and until I can master the step and rhythm boxing I will be staying. I want to get Zumba as well here in a couple of weeks I think.
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    I use the Wii fit plus, just dance 1, 2 or 3, EA sports active 2 and Biggest Loser. Mix them up for fun workputs.
  • calmanza2
    calmanza2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Gold's Gym shape boxing - my husband and I both love it!
    I borrowed it from a friend, and then bought it on Amazon. :happy:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have Wii sports I like the tennis boxing and baseball I think they are all good workouts even the bowling is good if you put enough effort into it
  • KSCarnivore
    KSCarnivore Posts: 37
    Options
    The dance games really require a lot of floor space, so keep that in mind. I like EA Active and Wii Fit Plus, but one that hasn't been mentioned here is Walk It Out! It's more or less a relaxing walk where you build houses, shops, parks, plant trees, earn constellations, etc on "Rhythm Island." It took me about 3 months of daily walking to complete the game. I guess if Wii is your thing, then this is another option. These days, I'm preferring my treadmill and elliptical since I can burn more calories faster that way.

I also have Wii Ski and Wii Vacation, both are more active and use the Fit Board. I've noticed too, there is a football training program. It looks intense.
  • mzkezh
    mzkezh Posts: 74
    Options
    wii fit, sport, vacation and zumba
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do not care for the Zumba 1 for Wii. It is hard to follow the blobs of color. In Zumba 2, it's actual people, so you can see the movement more clearly. Now, when I said I loved it, I didn't say I was a trained dancer. In fact, I can't dance. I just enjoy trying.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Zunba 2 and The Biggest Loser