Need some great workout at home suggestions for single moms

Options
Hi everyone... I am a single mom who just cant get to the gym some days.. but I hate not working out everyday.. so I am wondering if there are some great at home videos or something you can suggest. I dont particullary wanna go and buy all the equipment for home.. would rather use the gym membership i pay for to do that.. but just a good hard cardio workout that I can get with some toning too... please remember i am still working on this and am not in top shape ..YET... and to be honest.. insanity and p90x scare the ever living beep outta me.. lol

thanks for your suggestions..

Replies

• kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Another single mama here, so I know what the struggle.

I have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and it's a great at-home workout. Only 20 minutes, some cardio, some lighter weights, can be done in a small space, easy to modify to whatever your fitness level may be.

Some nights I want to get in some movement but not full-on cardio and yoga is the right "speed." I really like yogadownload.com. They have a huge variety of yoga styles and many of the 20 minute videos are free to download, or you can pay a minimal amount to download longer versions of each class.

If I had the money, I'd get a Wii or Kinect to be able to do the exercise/dance games from home. I've done them at friends' houses and they are a very fun way to get a workout in!
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a few workouts thats are ideal for at home. 30 Day shred is great. Have a look on Youtube and see if you like it.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    looved the jillian micheals one i just watched on youtube.. and best off. it is free so i can do it tonight woot woot
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i did day one level one last night.. wow... what a great workout... good sweat after 20 minutes lovedddddddd it !!! thanks for the help!!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Here are some other free sites that might help you.

www.warriorxfit.com

they change the workout everyday and the set it up for you and it is adjustable.

there is also www.bodyrock.tv