The difference between this time and all the other times ..

kmuree
kmuree Posts: 283 Member
I notice that this time, I'm unashamed of working out. I sweat freely, I wear shorts for comfort, I let it all hang out (so to speak). :bigsmile:

I don't care how "fat" I am now! It's changing, so I want everyone to see my before in person! Haha. :blushing:

I'm not concerned if someone else is watching me suffer ("workout"). I don't care if people judge me while I'm powerwalking or hiking. I'm doing this for me! That feels so good! Every other time I've attempted a lifestyle change, I'm worried about people who drive by and see me jiggle. I'm worried my grandma is judging me while I struggle on the treadmill, and no way would I do my exercises in my backyard for fear of my boyfriend peeking out and seeing me wiggling all about!

No pain, no gain. :laugh:

Anyone else notice any change between "this" time and all the other times they tried and failed?

Replies

• rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    I notice that this time, I'm unashamed of working out. I sweat freely, I wear shorts for comfort, I let it all hang out (so to speak). :bigsmile:

I don't care how "fat" I am now! It's changing, so I want everyone to see my before in person! Haha. :blushing:

I'm not concerned if someone else is watching me suffer ("workout"). I don't care if people judge me while I'm powerwalking or hiking. I'm doing this for me! That feels so good! Every other time I've attempted a lifestyle change, I'm worried about people who drive by and see me jiggle. I'm worried my grandma is judging me while I struggle on the treadmill, and no way would I do my exercises in my backyard for fear of my boyfriend peeking out and seeing me wiggling all about!

No pain, no gain. :laugh:

Anyone else notice any change between "this" time and all the other times they tried and failed?

Lol, what a great attitude to have! Youre right! who cares about what people think! Youre doing it for you. I am also starting to not care what people think. Yeserday at the gym while i was doing a class i just let myself be free and im like who cares if theyre all skinny and im the only fat one here. Usually i go slower to make sure noone judges me, but now i seriously couldnt care less what they think! Keep up the great work! :)
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Exactly! I used to go slowly, suck it in, make sure my chin wasn't doubling .. haha, but where would I be in six months if I did that? Only half of where I'll be just by not caring. :smile: You go girl!
  • So right! I used to worry about how stupid I might look. Now, I walk twice a day at work around the building. If weather is bad, then I just spend a lot of time walking up and down the hallway. I really don't care what people think about my "look", because all I care about is getting healthier. I am determined to keep going this time.:happy:
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 360 Member
    This time I am 'owning' the changes. Other times I 'suffered' the exercise or diet, but this time I am actually becoming someone who exercises and eats this way. I see it all as my reward - I do deserve to feel better and to be more healthy and to take the time out to invest in myself in this physical way. I also think that I respect myself for doing this at 46, when when I was younger it seemed like too much effort - it would have been so much easier 10 years ago. Maybe the biggest difference is that I have 2 children now (6 & 3) and I need to feel good myself to be a better mum for them - I alos need to stay around as long as I can and in the best health possible for them. I have also changed the way I dress. Before it was practical clothes - jeans, t-shirts, etc. I never felt feminine. I have bought a lot of new clothes...more curvy or in some way feminine....yes, this time feels good!
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 360 Member
    I should have said that both of the other times I lost this much weight were because I was having fertility issues and treatment because I couldn't get pregnant. This time I am doing it just for me...because I deserve it, lol :smile: