What am I doing wrong?

Options
I'm stuck at no weight loss now for 2 weeks or more and I can't figure out why.....I started insanity workout and I'm on my 2nd week and I have some loss in waist and hip measurements but the scale shows me gaining a pound or two here and there and I'm getting pretty sick of it! I feel good about the body measurement changes but I'm in the last and final month of a 'biggest loser' competition here at work and the looming pressure of the final weigh in on May 22nd is causing me stress because I can't go in there and have gained weight - my team mates are counting on me.

I know muscle weighs more than fat, I have significantly upped my fluid intake due to the hard core morning workouts and my body could be retaining fluids, and I'm at 1200 cal but net cal is around 1600 because I'm burning approx 400 cal per each day of workout.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like not eating any food and starving myself or sometimes I feel the opposite and want to run into Whataburger for a combo meal with large fries but either way, there must be some combination of something I'm not doing right. Maybe because I'm 52 my metabolism is old and will take weeks to trigger any loss of poundage...I don't know. I recently adjusted my carb/prot/fat to 30/40/30 because I was always over my protein # and I have to drink a recovery drink after my workout otherwise my body hurts too much. Maybe I need to alter the combination again...something I'm doing is not right. Any thoughts my fitness pals? Thanks

Replies

• dre3173
    dre3173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yeah i wanted to run into whataburger on Tuesday when I gained 2lbs and I was doing everything like before. My answer is the muscle. Thats probably why you gained. Also make sure you are weighing yourself on the same scale at the same time of day. I weigh in on Tuesdays before breakfast. Make sure that you free yourself of all extra body fluid. Sip water the night before and in the morning before your weigh in. Thats all I have for you. I hope I helped.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity too. Have u used the nutrition guide given with the program to see how many calories u need to be eating a day? It sounds like u r not eating enough and your body is in starvation mode. And remember the scale is not your friend, make sure to measure and take pics to see the real results.

Fat and Muscle weight the same, like 5lbs of fat weighs the same as 5lbs of muscle but muscle takes up less space which is why u can see inches coming off but not a lot of weight.

a lot of ppl say they see the most results in the 2nd month on insanity.
  • 18mojo18
    18mojo18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have been a little 'all over the place' on when I weight and what day I weight, etc. I used to not be so concerned with the scale itself but the biggest loser thing is driving me nuts because the contest rules don't care about inches, only pounds. I will pick one day of the week and stick with it until the final weigh in on May 22nd - at least I feel more fit than before!
  • 18mojo18
    18mojo18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mommy time! For some reason I'm one of those people that believed muscle weighed more but your explanation makes sense with the lost inches thing.....I was scratching my head. I have glanced at the nutrition guide but not in depth and I'll do that tonight to see what it should be for my dailies....maybe you're right, although I eat like 5 mini meals a day to keep myself from feeling hungry because I get shaky and I've been trying to eat clean meals, I cook/homemake everything I eat and I even stopped drinking alcohol which is painful enough! I was afraid to take pictures but I did measure and this is my 2nd week of insanity first month and my waist is 1-1/2" smaller and hips the same amount smaller so something must be going a little right! Thanks again.