Exercise and my i-Pod

Options
Exercising with your i-pod puts a whole new spin on working out!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: yep!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    oh yes! makes the time go much faster! :happy:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Not only do I love to listen to my tunes... But it also drowns out my labored beathing so I'm not paying attention to that and I can push myself further!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I used to run with my I-pod, but then I realized how relaxing and meditational quiet alone time can be.

There are benefits to both I guess...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Hmmm--mine just sits there while I do all the work............
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I can't run with music unless I specifically choose music with the same rhythm. It screws with my foot fall. I'll be cruising along then something "fast" comes on and I'm sprinting... not necessarily a bad thing unless it's on my 3.5 mile run. :happy:
  • bkoehl
    Options
    I definetly agree. I can go 30 minutes longer when I have something to distract me from watching the time on the machine. Its nice to have music that pumps you up during your cardio and soothing drumbeats/ relaxation music during your cool down.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I can't run with music unless I specifically choose music with the same rhythm. It screws with my foot fall. I'll be cruising along then something "fast" comes on and I'm sprinting... not necessarily a bad thing unless it's on my 3.5 mile run. :happy:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html

This website has free downloads of podcasts that you can use to keep your tempo. Warning: it's mostly techno and it's 131bpm (not hard) and upward. Each track is listed by bpm so you almost can't get the wrong mix... However there is a sublist called GrooveElectric that has slightly slower tempo funky mixes. I use this heavily. It's free. On the other sublists (podrunner and podrunner intervals) there are interval mixes for HIIT training and even a c25k training series... Enjoy!

More free music online for download "Fitmusic.com" -- "Motiontraxx.com" --and "beemp3.com:"
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Music is awesome. The very first time I worked out I thought I was going to die because I was sooooo bored. The 2nd time I added in my music and time flew by!

I also, periodically, read, pray, and watch part of a movie (especially if I want a long workout) while I'm on my stationary bike. It is great for passing the time.

:flowerforyou:
  • Emptynest
    Options
    Since I'm not able to run, I ride my bike and just have tunes with a great beat. Any suggestions?
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I created a "Totally Psyched" mix on my Zune and it took my walking mph up from 3.0 to 3.3. Not a huge jump, but it's something :-D
  • ICANCHANGE
    Options
    If you have I-Tunes you can download a ton of different things for FREE. I love the show "60 Minutes" and different comedy programs. Oprah also has a bunch of programs on finding your best self. There are also a bunch for weight loss.