For the Moms. Mothers Day how will you celebrate?

Options
So this is a burning question for me. Im a mom and mothers day is just around the corner. Typically we would go out to a buffet stlye breakfast at hometown but doing that I could EASILY undo everything im working SOOO hard for. I wanted to know how are you other mom's celebrating for mothers day? ( in terms of eating )

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I bought lobster tails ☺
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    By sleeping in. My husband will get up with the kids. Make breakfast (he's a fantastic chef) and we'll play outside. I'm in USDA zone 7, so mothers day weekend is traditionally the time you can put out your frost intolerant plants (tomatoes, summer annuals, etc). So hopefully if the weather cooperates, i'll be playing in the dirt while my husband corrals the girls. :-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to prep cook meals for the following week, do some house cleaning, maybe bake some banana muffins. It's a "stay at home" day...my kid is there, but my fiance is out of town, so it's just another day for me...they already gave me a gift and two lovely cards.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well I told the hubby no donuts this year. We will probably go to Ruby Tuesday where I know what to get.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am not doing diddly. I don't have to yell at anyone. I don't have to tell anyone 15 times to put on their shoes or pick up their socks. I don't have to wipe anyone's bottom or floss anyone's teeth (don't worry i wash my hands between the two events).

Basically I got on strike for 24 hours.
  • Frannie1982
    Frannie1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    Just a regular day in our house. I got my hair cut and colored last week and signed up for my teacher certification program so I'm all set. :) We're going swimming at our local Y - which is our normal Sunday tradition this time of year.
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    Going to brunch at Pinstripes.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    We're going out to brunch and then to visit a garden. I always like to visit a garden on Mother's Day. As far as the food, I am not going to sweat it. If you can't cheat on Mother's Day, when can you cheat. I remember a song from my kid's childhood by Tom Chapin about Mother's Day which went something like "bacon- mommy won't eat bacon." Then the next line is "she will on Mother's Day...." I will pass on the bacon, but still plan to enjoy the day, and walk off brunch at the garden.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I'm with Amy! I will sleep in, go to church, and then do nothing. Not one thing for anyone. They can do it for one day all by theirselves.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Going to my in-laws. My hubby will fix their computer while I corral my three kids and try to keep them from breaking anything. Then we'll have Brats, baked beans and sweet potato fries (the fries are the only thing that the kids and I like, although I will eat a brat if nothing else is offered). Hoping the weather is good so I can take the kids to a park....
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I will be at home doing the same thing I do any other day, most likely. Fiance will probably be working since some stuff came in late at work and it needs to be finished by next week. I don't think he had any plans to do anything special anyway. My kids are still to little to come up with anything on there own, so same ol same ol here.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We are having lobster! Great bang for your buck!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hubby will take his Mom to a big brunch, and I'll lay low with the kids at home. Then we're going to the local amusement park where I'll do lots of walking and try not to eat a lot of icky amusement park food. I'll be sure to log what I eat during the day probably whenever I take a break to nurse the baby. That way I don't have enough time to lose track of anything I've eaten.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    We are going out to eat at this grill type place along the water. I'm going to get a bbq grilled chicken sandwich and then we will walk along the water with the kids. We may even go out for lunch. I'm not too worried about calories on this day. I wont go crazy but i will proably go over. Hey, it's mothers day. I deserve it :)
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Going to see my mom then heading to Six Flags and stopping my MIL's house on the way home.
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My mom (51), brother(26), and I(21) are going to go to the zoo for a few hours, then go see a movie, then go out to dinner. When I asked my mom what she wanted to do, every year she says dinner and a movie, but this year she included the zoo in there. Caught me off guard, but who doesn't love the zoo? :]