How to get through that time of the month

Options
I am often very good with limiting myself to what I eat, but when it's that time of the monthI seem to binge like crazy. I ate chocolate, chips, anything. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options
    If you find out let me know cause I go CRAZY eating at my time!! :(
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well considering that this is my first time going through TOM since changing diet, I have to say that today I had 3 cookies, logged them, then just worked out that much more to make sure that I worked off those cookies. I still must hold myself accountable for those. I wanted them so I had them but TOM doesn't give license to go whole hog. Drink lots of water that does help.
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I put restraints on to what I can have, so usually each day its some type of chocolate. I calculate it into my points and I eat it VERY SLOWLY!! Then I hide the other temptations. It seems to work for me :)
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh my that is my problem - it's out of control for me!
  • tessamajesa
    Options
    I only allow myself chocolate at that TOM but don't ration it too much during that time. One helpful thing to do is that if I buy a whole bag of Giant chocolate buttons I ask my husband to split the bag intro 2 or 3 rations and give me some rather than me sit with the whole bag. A treat that seems ridiculously bad but isn't if you have one every now and then: fruit ryvita with a small spread of peanut butter (organic no added sugar) and then add a small spread of Fluff (marshmallow spread). This hits the sweet tooth and is filling.
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am ravenous just before TOTM and I want cheese, carbs and chocolate! I try to limit, but I also up the exercise to compensate. If I have a crappy day, I draw a line under it and start again the next day.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried one of those low cal hot chocolates to combat cravings. That way you are allowing yourself a treat but it wont break the calorie bank. Options ( in the uk) are around 40 cals per cup.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky this month (got mine today) and haven't had any cravings (yet). I decided to let it out with exercise - muscle and yoga stretches that focus on my abs worked well as well as half an hour on the elliptical.
    I usually get really tired when aunt flo comes to visit.

After reading a thread and responding to it, I am now craving some cereal....