The Long and Short of it...

Options
abberbabber
abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
A comment in another thread made me think of this:

Guys, do you prefer long or short hair on a woman? Or just what "looks nice"?

Ladies, long, short, bald? Don't care?

Personally, for guys, I just like what looks good on them. Some men look HOT bald, others look drop-dead sexy with a long, neat ponytail. My husband, OTOH, absolutely prefers women with long hair....regardless of how it looks on them, specifically. I look much younger and prettier with a cute short cut but he hates it because he has this thing for long hair lol.

What about the rest of you?

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    MOST guys Ive asked seem to prefer long on woman..even if it is damaged and ratty..LOL
    For me, anything but long hair..I can not see myself attracted to a man with long hair or a pony tail

Kim
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is the same way.. he hates that i cut all my hair off.. i frankly go by how it looks on them...
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like short spikey/styled hair on men.

I like long hair on ladies, but hubby likes short hair! So my hair changes often between short and long!
  • abberbabber
    Options
    MOST guys Ive asked seem to prefer long on woman..even if it is damaged and ratty..LOL
    For me, anything but long hair..I can not see myself attracted to a man with long hair or a pony tail

Kim

lol I've noticed your first point, as well. How is it attractive if it's not...pretty?

Certain guys can pull off long hair, but it *must* be well kept - not ratty, oily, etc.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    my boyfriend is the same way.. he hates that i cut all my hair off.. i frankly go by how it looks on them...

Yup! I had grown mine out for awhile because that's how my husband wanted it...back in December I went and got it all cut off (my profile pic is from that day lol). EVERYONE raved about how amazing it looked...he hated it.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    I like short spikey/styled hair on men.

I like long hair on ladies, but hubby likes short hair! So my hair changes often between short and long!

There's a change, a guy that likes short hair. Do you know if there's any specific reason he likes it short?
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My hubs loves my hair long. In fact, when I cut it to just below shoulder length last Fall, he considered that short. lol It's now almost halfway down my back again. :)

Hubs keeps his hair cut military-style and I love it! :love:
  • Lassoo
    Lassoo Posts: 20
    Options
    A wise man once said, " Her hair is a woman's glory" With that said, I prefer long hair
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love hair on a guy.. as long as I can grab it in my fingers.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    My wife has very short hair (Jamie Lee Curtis short) and I love it.

maybe because i had a childhood crush on Jamie Lee Curtis... I mean, the first thing i saw her in was "Trading Places" at an age when I should not have been watching "Trading Places"

I'm not opposed to long hair, though.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    She used to have LOOOOOONG hair, but cut it off after I complained to many times about it clogging up the roller on the vacuum cleaner. Also, I never wear shoes around the house, so it would get wrapped around my toes....ewwwww
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Short! If you start loosing it guys, just shave it all off. You look crazy with the horse shoe thing. Just saying. There are a few guys that i find attractive with the shaggy look. but if you hair is long like mine, it creeps me out!!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to have hair almost down to my butt, but it's been pretty short since Jan this year. Sometimes I miss my long hair, but I had so much of it and I always just wore it in a messy bun or a ponytail. Now that's it's short thought I like it better this way. I think what makes any length of hair attractive is how it's taken care of and styled.

As for guys, I've seen a few guys who are freakin' hot with nice long hair, but most guys I see that have long hair it looks unkempt and messy/ ratty...so not attractive. I don't really have a preference, as long as it's kept clean and neat, although I'm not a fan of the longish Justin Beiber style lol.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    A wise man once said, " Her hair is a woman's glory" With that said, I prefer long hair

I don't remember anything that said "The longer, the more glorious" though :wink:
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My husband has short hair and I love it...I've seen it long once before, and it was rediculous. With that said....There are some guys with long hair that pull it off so amazingly that just about make me want to drool over it! So I guess for me, it all depends on the guy.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I prefer my girlfriend to have long hair...she claims it's damaged and needs to be cut to whatever height to fix it. I don't really like the idea, but it's not my hair :P
  • abberbabber
    Options
    So guys, what is it about the long hair? It's just more "feminine"? Prettier? What? Inquiring minds want to know! :flowerforyou:
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Objectively, I'd prefer a short head of thick hair, of a natural colour, on a 6' 2" well built underwear model. Objectively.

In reality, it really is about the package deal. Some guys can pull off the shaved-bald look really well, some guys can pull off long hair without looking like a dirt-poor musician with questionable hygiene and fashion sense. What is, ultimately, a turn off are the guys who are really obviously balding and try to hide it with a bad combover or who keep the rest of their hair in a long ponytail, or both (a little loss at the temples can still be pulled off with long hair, but not a lot. A ponytail with a balding crown? Forget it).

Guys, I know a lot of you are going bald, and IT'S OKAY! You can still be hot! What isn't okay is living in a sad state of denial over it.

As for my own hair, I prefer to keep it fairly long. Shoulder length, right now. I'd go longer, but the hair underneath is fine and mattes, and I just don't have time for the upkeep at the moment. I also have VERY thick hair. If my hair gets shorter than an inch below my chin, it bushes out and my head looks like a pumpkin. I have a round face and a big head, they just really around suited to short hair.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So guys, what is it about the long hair? It's just more "feminine"? Prettier? What? Inquiring minds want to know! :flowerforyou:

To me, it just seems more natural and I'm big into women not wearing much, if any, makeup as well for the same reason.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My SO prefers short hair. Thank goodness, because me with long hair just doesn't work. Lol. I don't particularly like bald but I don't really like really long. Just enough where if you wanted to you could run your fingers through it. Although, I have seen guys that can pull off bald and really long hair.