20-30 minutes a day.

Options
Quick questions. Is it worth it if I can only fit in 20-30 minutes on the cross trainer per day? Will I get results?

Alternative is I can do 2 minutes walking, 1 minute sprinting on the treadmill for 7 repetitions.

I ask because I have to give the weights a rest as I hurt my arm so am just doing cardio for a few weeks.

Thoughts appreciated please?

Replies

• Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Of course it's worth it. 20-30 mins is better than no minutes.

I do cross trainer one day and walking/running intervals the next day.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but my opinion is that any activity is worth it. Why don't you alternate the cross trainer and the treadmill for variety?
  • chipembele
    chipembele Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just wondered if I was going to get results with those sort of times. I usually do 50 minutes and read that you only really start burning fat after 20 mins.
  • Loraah
    Options
    What she said :)
    I'm no expert, but my opinion is that any activity is worth it. Why don't you alternate the cross trainer and the treadmill for variety?
  • Loraah
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that along as you get your heart rate up nice and high in that time you should be fine. Don't quote me on that as I'm no expert but I seem to be doing just fine doing it the same way as you. I can burn 600 calories in 35 mins on the cross trainer
    Thanks. I just wondered if I was going to get results with those sort of times. I usually do 50 minutes and read that you only really start burning fat after 20 mins.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Of course it will! If you need to save up a hundred dollars and you only have 20 bucks. Should you throw your money away in hopes for more money some how?

Or should you save that 20 because you are well on your way?

Yah it not much better than nothing right........
  • chipembele
    Options
    Thanks. That's what I'll probably do. 30 mins eliptical one day then 20 minutes hiit the next. Hopefully I'll still shed the fat.

Or start on the eliptical for 15 then do 15 hiit.

Just didn't want to be wasting my time/putting myself through hiit without it being potentially effective.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

You'll still see results. It'll probably take you about 10 minutes (maybe a little less) to get your heart rate up to 85% VO2. At that point, you're toasting off plenty of calories and building stamina. So a 30-minute workout is almost twice as effective as a 20-minute one, but a 20-minute workout is infinity times more effective than sitting on your tush worried about how effective a small workout is. ;)
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think so! My boyfriend went from lifting for an hour to circuit training for 30 min a day and he is seeing WAY MORE progress and muscle definition now. Anything counts!
  • chipembele
    Options

You'll still see results. It'll probably take you about 10 minutes (maybe a little less) to get your heart rate up to 85% VO2. At that point, you're toasting off plenty of calories and building stamina. So a 30-minute workout is almost twice as effective as a 20-minute one, but a 20-minute workout is infinity times more effective than sitting on your tush worried about how effective a small workout is. ;)

Thanks. Made me laugh that one.