MINI GOALS ANYONE???

Options
Have any of you went the route of making "mini" goals for yourself and if so, has it worked out for you???

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i look at 10 lbs at a time for my mini goals as it doesn't seem as daunting as looking at 40 -60 whatever....although I must admit 5 is a nice round number for me and i usually do a happy dance every 5 lb landmark lol. so like now 10lbs was my first mini goal, 20 my next but did a happy dance at 15 :laugh:

I think it makes it seem more attainable and realistic and not so far :)
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    I list my mini goals on my profile page....they have been great encouragement. However, I am sad because I will not meet the next one. I will miss it by atleast 5 pounds. 2 I could handle but 5????????
  • Scubachick
    Options
    Yes I do mini goals too. My goals are every 7lbs - this is a half stone and also a dress size for me. I reward myself when ever they are reached. I had a bubble bath last night as I got my first half stone (7lbs) off. A bubble bath is a luxury in our house as I have two small kids, so to get the time to myself is bliss!

As well as 7lb goals, I do 5% of body weight and also 10% of body weight. In addition, each week I loose weight I will treat myself some way - a magazine, bunch of flowers or a bit of new makeup etc.

I have got to goal weight twice now (but learning each time!). I think I will have to continue the treats and goals once I get to goal again and maintaining. Perhaps something for every month I maintain I get a treat and a bigger treat for each 6months. Hay, if I don't treat me, who will!! :bigsmile:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    For me, my nini-goals are huge and important. Yu can see them on my signature. I am the type of girl who needs to have accomplilshed something. For instance, right now I fon't have a goal for another 2 week (the month mark) and I'm thinking of making another one.

I really need to visually see my goals in front of me. It's too easy to let time pass and procrastinate.
  • anneliese1
    Options
    Its so good to hear all your stories! I think I'll make some mini goals for myself. Only problem is, I have NO scale to weigh myself. Maybe my goals will me more like I cut coke out of my diet, or something like that for now.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Do you have a string and a ruler (or a measuring tape)? There are printable rulers online if you don't have one. Your mini-goals could be inches (or cm)!
  • anneliese1
    Options
    Do you have a string and a ruler (or a measuring tape)? There are printable rulers online if you don't have one. Your mini-goals could be inches (or cm)!

That's a good idea. I didn't think of that. Thank you! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get to 209...I've been in the 210's for the entire summer! Just 2 lbs to go.