had a binge :( now what?

Options
This always happens to me! this is why i can never loss weight! I always end up binging ! I hate myself for it and i feel terrible afterwards but i just keep binging. I really need support right now i just had a tiny binge because i'm stopping myself from eating anymore. I had breakfast, lunch then i had a half a bagel, two peices of banana bread, four cookies, a cup of ice cream, a baggy full of yogurt covered pretzels ( there must have been like 40 in there!! ) . Now what do i do for the rest of the day? What type of exercises can i do that will really help burn at least some of these calories off? I only have 1200 calories for the day and i definately spoiled them ! Help please before i eat more !:cry:

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    STOP, move forward toward your personal goal and continue to do so. That's what.
  • poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Try going for a walk, somewhere away from your food triggers. A binge does not ruin everything. You are in this for the long run, not just today.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    First off stop beating yourself up. Can you get a workout in today? Everyday is a new day. One step/day at a time. One binge is not the end of the world. Hugs.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You're probably binging because you're not eating the foods your body needs. Look into eating more protein, less processed food, and see if that helps the binging. You may want to re-evaluate your calorie intake. Maybe it's too low for you?
  • chloeraesmommy
    Options
    does your grass need mowed? you burn lots of calories doing that! im so sorry. stay strong, distract yourself, go do something to get your mind off it!
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eat better the rest of the day and start over tomorrow. Keep it simple.
  • nwrainyday
    nwrainyday Posts: 29
    Options
    Just pick up where you left off. Don't starve yourself as punishment. You won't make your calorie goal today, but that doesn't mean you can't refocus and get back on the horse! Look back in your diary at more successful days and use that as a guide for how to eat the rest of the day. Have dinner and a healthy snack if that's what you would have done on a good day. And just keep moving forward. Tomorrow is another day, and the binge is done and over with! Don't let it get the best of you.

Good luck!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't hate yourself! It's a blip, move on, eat right for the rest of the day, maybe walk for an hour, jog if you're fitter, cardio burns calories. But tomorrow is another day, a fresh day to start over. You can lose weight, you can do this!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Just call this your "oops day" and move on. It's going to happen to all of us at some point. Just brush yourself off and start fresh tomorrow.
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Aww.. first of all do not beat yourself up. You are human and everyone has bad days. I have had plenty of days like this. I don't feel hungry but just want a snack and after awhile I have snacked on literally every snack in the house. You shouldn't deprive yourself the rest of the day. If you are hungry at dinner time try to have a healthy meal (grilled chicken, fish, eggs). Just try to start again tomorrow, hopefully after awhile you will have less binging days. Remember this is one step at a time ;)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Learn from it. Remember how bad it is making you feel right now, and avoid the next urge.

It's one day. Pick yourself up and move on.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Raise your calorie goal to your BMR, go do a workout of some sort and call it a day..... no worries, tomorrow is a new one !
  • Bibliobabe24
    Options
    Just remember that you are strong, and that you have the ability to reach your goals. Just because you had a slide, it doesn't mean that it has to set the tone for the rest of the day. Head outside, and get some fresh air, and reaffirm your commitment. And hey, while your out there, take a little jog around the block - or head over to the gym for some cardio. I think that this is less about how to fix the "damage" that was done, and more about how to prevent the slide in the beginning. You are already taking the first steps by asking for help, and coming online to track your food. The next time you feel a binge coming on, assess your surroundings, and do a mental checklist: Am I in a stressful situation? Did I forget to include enough protein in my breakfast? Am I thirsty? Am I emotionally upset and looking for comfort? Knowing why you binge will help prevent them in the future, or at least stopping them at one item. Just remember to give yourself credit for what you are doing right, and allow yourself some mistakes. Good luck!
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HONEST!! I just had cheesecake. It was left over from my birthday and I already ate some last night. So, today is day 2 of cheesecake. Will you go for a walk with ME? PLEASE let's go for a walk!!!!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did today sort of as well because we had to go out earlier we didn't have time to prepare and eat anything do we picked up a pizza on the way home, I feel crap for eating the pizza but what can I do, just got to move on, none of us are perfect.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Learn from it. Remember how bad it is making you feel right now, and avoid the next urge.

It's one day. Pick yourself up and move on.

This! Don't let this define you. Try and figure out what trigger it and move forward.
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What I do if I blow it early in the day, is get back on track for the rest of the day eating whatever calories I would normally have left. Having a mid-day binge followed by trying to not eat the rest of the day will just result in another binge later. Look at yesterday, the day before, see where you normally are at this point in the day and move on from there.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Get away from the food and go do some exercises. I would go do some cardio, something that had me sweating my butt off. Drink lots of water. I would look at your 1200 calories a day that you have as your goal; you may not be eating enough food and you are starving. You can't go from eating 2500 to 3000 calories a day to just 1200 a day. You will fell like crap which will lead to bingeing. Today, I would just focus on getting your self out of your funk and review what caused you to binged. Log all the food in your food diary so you know how much damage you did today and this will make you think next time before you binge - Is that ice cream really worth it?

Tomorrow, get rid of the junk in your house; always have healthy snacks on hand at work: apples; almonds; any fruit, yogurt; nuts - whaterever it is so you will not binge out on unhealthy snacks. I keep a jar of peanut butter in my desk drawer at work and have an apple and PB as my afternoon snack.

Don't psych yourself out! You can do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. 2nd - forgive yourself and don't feel guilty - tomorrow is a new day.:smile:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You should have invited me! :tongue: Maybe do not start out with such a radical calorie deficit. Sometimes it's easier to work your way down to that little amount of food.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    STOP, move forward toward your personal goal and continue to do so. That's what.

This! Also, try upping your calories to 1,400-1,500 and you'll probably feel less likely to binge. Also, eating 200-300 calories more each day won't slow your weight loss down that much since you have to burn 3,500 calories to lose a pound. Good luck!