New In TN

bks92088
bks92088 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello
I am Kristen...to loose about 100 pounds. I am 21...don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Hi Kristen--

I'm new to this also, just started 9-21, but I have been logging my food and trying to do some sort of exercise everyday. It was kinda hard today, but I will not give up.:smile:
  • HEY, KEEP A FOOD DIARY AND EXCERCISE PLAN AS WELL, DONT WT EVERYDAY, MAYBE ONCE A WEEK AS YOU DONT GET DISCOURAGED GOOD LUCK
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Hi Kristen

I think you will like the site, as nanacarol notes - use the food diary and excercie tracking tools. These really help reduce your food intake and track your excercise. Keep in mind that you will have some weeks (more so when you get some weight loss behind you) that you do not loose (or even gain) but keep moving forward. One other note - drink your 8 cups (or more) of water - this really makes a difference. Lastly hook-up with a few friends on the site - people here are great and having some people to push you (and you push them) helps with accountability.

Good luck!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    My advice is pretty simple, but it works... exercise!!!

Not only does it burn calories, but it motivates you to eat better throughout the day as well. Don't want to ruin all the hard work you put in! It's a win win! Good luck!

p.s. I live in TN too! :flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    I live in Tn also Smyrna area
  • bks92088
    bks92088 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks guys. I am in the Cookeville area in TN. I did weight watchers once before and did great id lost 50 pounds in 6 months. But it's gradually came back. I got married back in October so on came more weight! I cant really afford the weight watchers thing now. But I think with some motivation and some support from some of you all I will be able to do awesome again. I feel like a whale. I want to shape back up for my husband. Well, not only for him but for myself. I desire to be healthy. I will someday want to have children and dont want to be morbidly obese and pregnant. Nor do I want to be a mother who is, I want to be a mom that goes out and does stuff with the kids constantly. I dont want my children to be without a mother and I want to be an inspiration to them. Yes. I am one who thinks far into the future although it's a good 3 to 5 years away.

But yes, I moved to this area about a year ago when my husband and I got married and dont know many people. He says I look great and i dont need to lose weight but I feel differently. So that's why im here, I need support which I seem to be lacking in that department.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.