My scale say that Ive lost 1.5 pounds since yesterday??

Is this just a fluctuation? Should I be happy? I followed my recomendations from the site very closely and the scale reflecks 1.5 pounds lost. Im confused, I want to be happy about it but I cant stop thinking that its water weight or something. What would cause me to lose that much water in one day? Thanks

Replies

• Sun-Shine
    Sun-Shine Posts: 46
    Is this just a fluctuation? Should I be happy? I followed my recomendations from the site very closely and the scale reflecks 1.5 pounds lost. Im confused, I want to be happy about it but I cant stop thinking that its water weight or something. What would cause me to lose that much water in one day? Thanks
  • This is the reason thiings like " The Scale Challenge" are in place. Weighing yourself daily can be a big ego boost or shoot ya down for the rest of the day. But your body weight fluctuates daily , from hour to hour depending on the food and drink in your body , wether you've had a bowel movement ect. That is why it is best to weigh once/week or even once/2 weeks. I'm not saying that it isnt a weight loss but ya just cant be sure when weighing day to day , tomorrow you could be up 1.5 or 2 lbs and bum youself out. The scale is a tool to help guide you in your journey to better health/weight.
  • Sun-Shine
    Sun-Shine Posts: 46
    Yeah, I was going to say that I have a bad habit of weighing myself too much. I want to wait at least one week! So no more weigh ins for me this week!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    There's a ton of things it could be. You could have food in your intestines still digesting. It could be water weight (remember, every 16 oz of water you drink is a pound). It could be a build up of glycogen. Its really hard to tell :)

Free yourself from the scale!!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Most likely water weight. Don't weigh yourself everyday. It will fluctuate too much that you will soon get discourage. I weigh myself once a week on Wednesday mornings after I use the toilet and before I eat. It helps me stay in check without obsessing over the scale.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    (remember, every 16 oz of water you drink is a pound).

Really?!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    (remember, every 16 oz of water you drink is a pound).

Really?!

Yup!! A gallon of water is just over 8 lbs. 8 pints in a gallon - each pint weighs a little over 1 lb. 16 oz =1 pint.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Wow, you learn something new everyday:bigsmile: