Quirky Food Habits

Options
We all have them. My biggest one is when I get a pizza from a restaurant. I always remove the cheese/toppings and eat the crust first. Then I go back and eat the cheese/toppings. My friend stared me down and gave me the "What ARE you doing?" spiel. But I only do it on a restaurant pizza, never frozen.

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love deconstructing food and eating items one at a time. I don't do this all of the time though... or around people. I can't think of anything else that's out of the ordinary.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I eat a sandwich I always seem to eat it crust first, and if I eat a bun I eat around the outside first. Maybe because I find that the boring part and the middle is the best because of the filling.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    if I eat a sandwich (chicken or burger), i eat around the bun and then have a itty bitty center left lol
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    When I eat Kit-Kats I nibble off all the chocolate, first around the edges, then the top and bottom, then I eat the wafers. I don't know why, I've just always done it since I was a kid lol.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    IDK If this fits but when I have a steak or anything I cut it up (the whole thing) into little pieces before I start eating.:smile:
  • schenry417
    schenry417 Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't crave or eat candy if it's in my house. I actually kind of hoard it and hide it from me and everyone else, but never eat it - it's the most bizarre thing. Drives my husband nuts because he'll be eating the last of something and I'll say something to him about eating it all and he's like, "are you kidding, it would sit here for a year if I didn't eat it". People at work tease me too. I have Girl Scout cookies sitting in my drawer from a year ago unopened - WTH? I didn't get sweets as a kid, so now I hoard them all for some fear that if I eat them they'll be gone. So dumb, like I couldn't just get more. But, it's my one semi-healthy bizarre food issue, so I try not to obsess about it.

Now, pasta and carbs are a whole different story.

I'm similar to the first person - I eat my crust on my pizza first and then turn it around to eat the rest. It's really just saving the best for last.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    When I eat a sandwich I always seem to eat it crust first, and if I eat a bun I eat around the outside first. Maybe because I find that the boring part and the middle is the best because of the filling.

I'm the same way!
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    IDK If this fits but when I have a steak or anything I cut it up (the whole thing) into little pieces before I start eating.:smile:

Me too! My husband once teased me about it because it seems like a little kid who needs their food cut all up first lol. I just like to cut it, put down my knife and be done with it!
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza with a fork and knife. I actually eat a lot of finger foods with utensils.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    When I eat Kit-Kats I nibble off all the chocolate, first around the edges, then the top and bottom, then I eat the wafers. I don't know why, I've just always done it since I was a kid lol.

I do this too. Same thing with a nutty bar.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

me too ..hahaha
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    When I get a meat pie with tomato sauce (Aussie staplefood), I always put the sauce on the lid of the pie, then pull the lid off and turn it upside down and then eat it.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    another one... whenever I eat a corn on the cob I eat it methodically row by row of kernels. I think I got it from the way they seem to eat corn on old cartoons :)
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I've always done this too! I try to do it with other candies like three musketeers bars and charleston chews, but it's WAY harder!
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My husband eats BBQ spare ribs with a fork and knife?.....
    Part of the best part to me is sucking the bones dry!
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My fiance eats his food so everything that is left is portioned out till the end.

For myself, i usually have to have blackened of alot of things.. And what I mean by that is I like pepper, lots of it. To the point where you can't see the food. Especially on eggs, shephard's pie, and french frys.
    I also tend to leave food left over even if I'm still hungry enough for that last bite.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to eat ALL food off of a plate, even when I ordered out otr picked up fast food, I had to come home and arrange it all on a plate. I even eat desserts on a plate as well (Yes even ice cream) Dunno why, just seems like the food looks and tastes better

Oh and I only eat noodles and rice with spoons.....
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We all have them. My biggest one is when I get a pizza from a restaurant. I always remove the cheese/toppings and eat the crust first. Then I go back and eat the cheese/toppings. My friend stared me down and gave me the "What ARE you doing?" spiel. But I only do it on a restaurant pizza, never frozen.

That's bass ackwards. I eat all the toppings first, then eat the crust.