deep waffle analysis

jencute
jencute Posts: 35 Member
If a recipe says "makes xxx amount of 9 inch waffles" does it mean like, the WHOLE 9x9 inch waffle iron, or two squares?

I'm trying to decide between bisquick heart healthy and fiber one waffles tomorrow. Biqsuick is 210 calories for two four inchers, while the fiber one is approx 180 for "1 9 inch waffle". i feel like the fiber one is the better calorie saver, but i want to know to what extent.

also, does anyone have any taste preference? Haha I know this is a lot of inquiring for a box of ready made mix. Soon enough I'll have time to make them from scratch, for now just humor me please =]

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Compare the mg, g, or kg, not the size. Makes it so much easier! For instance if one says 70g @ 210 cals that is 3 cals per g. If the other says 105 g @ 270 then that one is 2.6 cals per g and less than the first example.

Hope this helps!

Lisa
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    thank you =] unfortunately it ended up not mattering, my waffle maker ripped my breakfast in two and wouldn't let go =[
  • Citygal212
    Citygal212 Posts: 11 Member
    it helps if you spray the waffle maker lightly with Pam before heating, even if it is non stick. also, I found Bisquick to be much saltier than the brand I usually use, Aunt Jemima (either Complete or Original), pour the batter on in either a spiral pattern or an x so it spreads evenly. and as the other poster said, compare the weight of the serving size, that will tell you if they are the same or not. When it stops steaming the waffles are done.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I want waffles.