How do I calculate yard work?

I'm new to the site and have only introduced myself. I enjoy reading all the different conversations. I love the sense of community. I have a question, how do I calculate yard work? I know for sure I have to be burning something. Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• duckie34
    duckie34 Posts: 6
    I'm new to the site and have only introduced myself. I enjoy reading all the different conversations. I love the sense of community. I have a question, how do I calculate yard work? I know for sure I have to be burning something. Thanks.:smile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    I put it under gardening, actually did a lot of that myself today and burned a ton of calories!!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I wore a HRM during some regular gardening - pulling weeds, raking, planting flowers, etc. It burned about 100 fewer calories than mfp said. I only count half my gardening time.

Hope this helps.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I did 60 minutes under gardening today. Even though I was sitting and standing, I was dragging dirt, digging slowly and planting....

Then I got to watering...
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    I did some gardening myself yesterday....but did not think to log it. Nice to know that it is in the data base. And Thanks Mary , will keep in mind what you said about the count. :smile:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    caloriesperhour.com :smile: