Sodium overload

Options
Seraph1120
Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
I really need help figuring out some easy dishes for lunch and dinner that have fairly low sodium. It's a rare site for me to be under in that category. I know, it's bad...and I don't always make good choices, but I really want to get my sodium level down. Doesn't help any that I love soup! lol. Any suggestions on recipes/options would be awesome! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options
    Try eating one raw/clean meal a day. I usually eat only fruit for breakfast or a very green lunch. >^-^<
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Sodium is my killer too.... the only way I have found to stay on track is to cook all my meals and snacks...I eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits in between meals. Even the most healthy takeouts are killers on sodium!
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try eating one raw/clean meal a day. I usually eat only fruit for breakfast or a very green lunch. >^-^<

That's a good idea. Planning one clean meal a day. I try to get at least an apple in between breakfast and lunch. (Not much, I know) I definitely need to broaden my horizons with produce. I didn't really grow up with fresh veggies, so I'm hesitant to purchase them. I never know if I'll like them, how long they are good for or even how to cook with them (Biggie). Though, I've been trying to eat more salads for lunch, but I definitely need a little zing to them.
  • twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options
    Use the clean meal as a something fun. My mister used to never touch green things and now he loves fresh veggies and fruit.
    I would sneak them in and eventually I didn't have to.
    Since you like soup try using a veggie broth and more onion and garlic versus adding salt.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    mrs dash has some pretty tasty salt free seasonings!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I too have this problem. I'm interested in seeing the recipes as well.