new and excited

Options
hey guys! my names Jen and I'm ready for a change!!

Do any of you guys have any tips? : ) let me know:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jojogirl
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP Jen, the one tip I have would be to take advantage of the message boards. They are fun, funny, inspirational, full of info and packed with great people all working together in the name of health. Jump in any time!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh: :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Everyone is right when they say that logging, logging, logging really helps! And there are great people here to offer support and motivation. Drink LOTS of water. Find a way you like to drink it: cold, hot, warm, room temp. Different strokes for different folks. Log your exercises, Log your food. :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • Jennifer18
    Options
    thanks so much! I'm so excited for day 1!! : )