My pescatarian grocery list. good or bad?

Options
Hi, I would like your suggestions on my grocery list. This grocery list is what I'm going to try and generally aim for the next couple months or maybe years. I'm going to make a scheduled meal plan and follow it every week/month. I want to know if you think I should add or remove anything. I want to know if anyone can recommend a healthy high fiber cereal and just let me know what you think of the list in general.

Food list

Low-Fat Cottage cheese
Almonds
Walnuts and flax seed
Greek yogurt
Tuna in bag
salmon
scallops
seaweed
Raw fruit and vegetables
V8 low sodium
Low fat Kefir cultured milk smoothie
Seapoint farms dry roasted edamama, light salted, soybeans
Goji berries
Blue berries, raspberries, black berries and every other type of berries
High fiber cereal
Cream of wheat instant hot cereal original flavor
Avocado
Skim milk with omega or one% milk
Quinoa, brown rice and wild rice
High protein Orgain – Organic ready to drink nutritional shake
Mushrooms- portabella, button, cremini, shiitake, Reishi, and oyster

Vitamin list

Royal Jelly, b12 and CoQ10 vitamin
Creatine, protein and amino acid supplements
Multi-vitamin
Omega vitamin

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Looks lovely!

Can you explain what you mean by "sushi"?
  • protected_son
    Options
    Any raw sushi because I love it :-P. I am going to remove that from the list shown above. You are right it is a little to general I will choose what kind when I'm making it or buying it.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    looks good to me, may I ask why you are choosing low fat options? Is it because you don't want "bad" fats, if so, the fats found in dairy are actually good for you, and I found when getting low fat stuff, they jack up the sugar/salt content.
    Other than that, looks good :)

Do you not eat eggs?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great selection of food - with the possible exception of the V8 juice. You'd be better eating the veggies themselves.
    If I had to add something it would probably be olive oil (good fats), almond butter (because it's delicious!), grainy bread (because I like it), natural yoghurt (makes great dressing and topping for meals as well as a snack) and a wide variety of fruit and veg.
    Chick peas and lentils are great too - if you like them.
    And now I think about it, I would probably also add some tinned tomatoes and frozen veg and berries - just for convenience.
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great selection of food - with the possible exception of the V8 juice. You'd be better eating the veggies themselves.
    If I had to add something it would probably be olive oil (good fats), almond butter (because it's delicious!), grainy bread (because I like it), natural yoghurt (makes great dressing and topping for meals as well as a snack) and a wide variety of fruit and veg.
    Chick peas and lentils are great too - if you like them.
    And now I think about it, I would probably also add some tinned tomatoes and frozen veg and berries - just for convenience.

Rubybelle said all I was thinking when I read your list - although I thought of chicken breast and fresh fish to (salmon or cod are good choices and simple to cook).

I also like having something healthy in my kitchen to munch on if i do get the munchies - like some selection of unsalted nuts or seeds.

Chia seeds are very good for you and can be added to any smoothie or home made bread or porridge or whatever.

And finally, as for cereal - Cheerios and Weetabix would probably me my picks for a quick solution. I mostly eat oats though - either cooked or not, with some skimmed milk, maybe a half a banana and a few gojis on top. And some cinnamon, both for the taste and for the bloodsugar control of the day.
  • protected_son
    Options
    No eggs
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me. Maybe some cheese? Cheese is yummy.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    its up to u to determine what is good or bad- It depends on what your body accepts and works well with :)
  • protected_son
    Options
    You are right I forgot cheese. I can't live without cheese. What is a good cheese?