run/ walk challenge

Options
I was thinking since its finally spring time and for those of you that live up north like me and the past 2 days have been the only nice days since october than i think that we should get out and get active.

i think we should have a challenge to get out of the house at least 2 or 3 times a week and walk or run for at least 30 mins.

and make it fun go with a friend, spouse, child, walk your dog or just go to have some time to yourself but lets get out of the house and be healthier.

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    I was thinking since its finally spring time and for those of you that live up north like me and the past 2 days have been the only nice days since october than i think that we should get out and get active.

i think we should have a challenge to get out of the house at least 2 or 3 times a week and walk or run for at least 30 mins.

and make it fun go with a friend, spouse, child, walk your dog or just go to have some time to yourself but lets get out of the house and be healthier.
  • jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. I signed up for a 5K run this Saturday. I've been running for about a month now (indoors). A couple of weeks ago we got some nice weather and I decided to run outside on some trails in our neighborhood. I took my GPS to see how fast and how long I could run and to my astonishment I ran 4.2 mies. 12 min miles. I was shocked because my treadmill would say I was running 17 min miles. That run gave me the courage to sign up for the 5k run. I've been running about 15 miles on average every week for the last 3 weeks.

I'm looking for any excuse to get out of the house. This just so happens to be a healthy one:)
  • chrissy8382015
    Options
    I like the idea of being out side. When you say North how north, Canada North or USA North. I like to mix up my walking with biking. 3 times a week for 30 min is not to bad. I think that it might be doable.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I live in Canada North (Ottawa) where we've had the second most amount of snow EVER this year. It's finally melting away! I'm definitely up for this challenge! I get out with my daughter for at least 45 minutes every nice day we have since the weather started warming up. I love spring!
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    so ive gone for a walk for the past 2 days and it is soooo nice today i would love to get out 2nite and take my puppy for a walk.
  • chrissy8382015
    Options
    I live in Northern Alberta, We just got a big dump of snow again. It was beautiful for weeks. So I have been stuck on the treadmil. i'm iching to go of a bike ride.