Question

Options
blnorman29
blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
If your parents rented a billboard to congratulate you on your wedding, how would you feel? How would you feel as an innocent bystander? Ridiculous? Over the top? Cute?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd think it was funny if it was for someone else.
    For me, I'd rather have the money to help pay for the wedding or honeymoon!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would be a little embarrassed, but the thought is there, and its very sweet... like the other poster said though, i would rather have had the money towards the wedding itself!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Well, lets assume my parents are alive, which they are not.

I would wonder how a disabled woman and a professional artist afforded such a thing. And knowing that I do not come from money, I would wonder of all the things, why they wasted their money on that?
  • blnorman29
    Options
    Well, lets assume my parents are alive, which they are not.

I would wonder how a disabled woman and a professional artist afforded such a thing. And knowing that I do not come from money, I would wonder of all the things, why they wasted their money on that?

You may replace "parents" with the people most likely to help you pay for a hypothetical wedding.
  • Vgbarash
    Vgbarash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It would appear quite thoughtful in my eyes. Shows a strong sense of support!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    As the recipient: *kitten* ME!! *covers face*

As an innocent bystander: [sings] "Another one bites the dust....and another one's down, and another one's down..." :laugh:
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think itd be really sweet!! theyre happy for you and want the world to know,kinda like bragging but bigger,theyre proud,let them be! atleast theyre happy for you 2!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'd hate it.
  • blnorman29
    Options
    My opinion is that it's a huge (literally) waste of money and is embarrassing, but it's not my money or my wedding, so what the heck ever.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations? Like...it was an accomplishment? Like...your parents figured they wouldn't be able to pawn you off onto a new family? Like...you'd grow up to be a miserable old cat lady shrew?

We're in an economic recession. I would rather have that money put into costs of the event or hypothetical children's college savings accounts.
    -wtk