tummy tuck?

Options
I've lost about 120 lbs over the past six years, which has left me with some disgusting hanging skin.

I am seriously considering abdominoplasty to finally gain self- confidence (it's hard as a twenty-something to look like a mother of four when naked).

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experiences or horror stories to share. it's a pretty scary operation.

Replies

• lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I havent had one, but imagine I will need one also after I am finished losing weight!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i had a tummy tuck about a year ago and it was the best thing i have EVER done...besides my family:smile: if u have any questions just message me!
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    there are 2 kinds out there

tummy tuck for people with out stomach muscle under the layer of fat and excess skin

abdominal grafting for people who have the stomach muscles just need a resurfacing so to speak

be sure to consider everything when having plastics......such as time off and aftercare, drains, meds, activities and so on, scarring .

The previous poster has had one and offered you her advice on her situation. Always remember everyone is different so are the procedures, dr's, and so on.

I have had a breast implants with a lift then another lift once they settled and were not where we wanted them.

Good luck.....also the finance aspect....you can finance surgeries through CARECREDIT.COM......i asked for the full 8500.00 for my surgery got 6000.00. My payments are 200.00 a month. It is always an option. Tummy tucks are more in most cases.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've already factored a tummy tuck into my future.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I haven't had one but my friend has....she lost over 100 lbs & was mentioning to her doctor that the skin was always in her way of jeans etc., she even mentioned the word "mold" growing and Bam she got a FREE tummy tuck!

She hoping for the magic words to get a breast aug now:laugh: She was back to work with her drains (while suppose to be on leave at the local grocery store) but said she felt great & she got more rest at work then with her 5 yr old son at home...so go figure.

It seems to me like she got the perfect ending to her story...no horror stories from her. I'm so happy for you....see if you can say the magic word to get yours paid for by insurance:noway: