Increased Appetite

njjazz16
njjazz16 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Though I've abandoned my scale, I can tell I'm finally getting somewhere in my weight loss. I can just about see the outline of those abs I once had and my clothes are definitely fitting looser.

Recently, I've been getting hungry between the several small meals I eat throughout the day. I just can't get full! I know I need more food to fuel my muscle building (I do weight training twice a week and vinyasa yoga once a week), but I can't help but wonder if I'm going overboard and all this weight loss is going to be reversed.

If I'm hungry, do I eat? When to stop? I'm scared my momentum is going to come to a halt at any moment!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Perhaps try to get some more whole grains in when your hunger comes. Or something with protein in it. You don't want to leave yourself hungry, because your body will tell you what you need.

Are you drinking enough water? When you are hydrated water will curb the appetite.
  • njjazz16
    njjazz16 Posts: 13 Member
    I know I could use a little more protein in my diet, maybe that would do the trick. And I need to be more consistent with my water intake- some days I drink a ton, others...not so much.

Thanks for your insight!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    If I don't have one good, large(ish) meal each day in addition to my smaller meals, I get crazy hungry.
  • protien shakes......I would throw one or two in a day.

and be sure to have a shake or lean protien within 30 mins of weight training.

sometimes we get hungry because of the exercise....it speeds up our metabolism. I would just add a low cal shake as a snack and plenty of water
This discussion has been closed.