Trying again for the millionth? time

Options
Hi,

I'm Abi and I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years and I always seem to lose some weight and then reach a point where I give up! Looking to do it all the way this time.

Replies

• AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been on a diet of some sort most of my adult life but last year I managed finally to get down to a respectable weight losing 18kg. It has been so much harder to maintain.

Good luck with your weight loss journey, you have come to the right place.

Add me as a friend if you wish :flowerforyou:
  • ajay96
    ajay96 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, I am really positive this time, my worst fault is comfort eating so I need to change the way I deal with stress etc. I have used mfp on my iPhone before now but I think being on here will help more with suppport. Thanks for your reply :)
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi Abi,

Like you I am trying again, went a bit crazy over Xmas and put on half a stone and still not lost it :blushing: .

Good luck and I hope you get to where you want to be.
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have been there or like myself going through it. This is a cool place for help. Forget the past and start now. You got this!
  • wolfehound22
    wolfehound22 Posts: 887
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

The key to long term success is not to make this a horrible thing, Dont set out with huge expectations, setting up a majorly restrictive diet, and hardcore workouts. Start slow, and build up, make sure you are eating enough and the right things, don't beat yourself up when you stumble, and have a bad meal, or miss a workout. Set out thinking this is a life change, not a short term thing. IF you can get that mentality, then you will succed.