Breakfast Question?

Options
Ok so quick question, I know it is the most important meal of the day, and I also know you have to eat your breakfast within the hour of waking up, however the past couple weeks when i make my breakfast (meassured) i dont finnish it, im ither too full (which is surprising to me) or i just dont feel like eating it all, so i only eat a small portion. For example.. This morning i made hot lemon water, and 1/2 cup of oats with just under half a cup of mixed fruit, but I seemed to only be able to eat like 1/2 of that meal. see what i meen... Is this ok?

Replies

• Franticantics
    Franticantics Posts: 117
    Options
    Yeah that's fine, you're eating something for breakfast and that's all that matters really, as long as you're eating enough throughout the day, then it's all good :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of myths and opinions about breakfast. For me, personally I have to have breakfast, I aim for within the first 30-45 minutes. My body tells me I am hungry, I can feel queasy if I don't eat. Now other people do not get those feelings, they can go until mid-morning or even early afternoon until they are hungry.

I feel a little more alert and ready to go when I have breakfast. Others say it's a myth that it boosts energy. I just know what works for me.

If you're not hungry, you're not hungry. If you try eating something really small, maybe half an apple or a cup of plain greek yogurt. Don't force yourself to eat or eat more than what your body is telling you.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast as I leave my home at 6am and walk for an hour or 2, once I'm at work I eat at abot 9-10 am depending on how hungry I am, sometimes I'll only have a cereal bar and other times a pot of porridge.

I wouldn't say I have breakfast and it works for me.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you feel fine and don't have any issues with your diet later in the day from skipping breakfast, then you can just skip breakfast. It doesn't really matter.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat breakfast of some sort I am ravenous and overeat at lunch. My husband feels sick if he eats before 10am or so.

It's the numbers at the end of the day and how you feel that matter.