Podcast suggestions?

Options
s_jane
s_jane Posts: 18 Member
I like to listen to podcasts while walking. They keep me going for longer so I can get to the end.
I listen to Cartalk, Wait Wait, Radiolab, This American Life, and Judge John Hodgeman. I like storytelling and comedy best, but I'd like to have some other genres too. What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of the same ones as you do (love Judge John Hodgman). Some other good public radio ones are Planet Money, On the Media, and Sound Opinions.

If you like Game of Thrones, "Boars, Gore, and Swords" is quite funny. For comedy I also like The Bugle and The Champs with Neal Brennan et al.

The Moth and Selected Shorts are good for storytelling. If you like science fiction at all, Escapepod is pretty good.

I used to listen to Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed in History Class, but got out of the habit. They are good though.

The avclub website reviews a lot of these and others (especially comedy podcasts) every week: http://www.avclub.com/features/podmass/ They have some good suggestions.
  • s_jane
    s_jane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! I will stock up on these this weekend.