Baractric Surgery Weight Loss Journey

Options
Kayde34
Kayde34 Posts: 4 Member
Hi, Would love to have a diet buddy, whom is going through the same process as me.

Replies

• MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass a year ago on April 18th. Feel free to add me!
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im in the process of getting it approved through my insurance. When is/was your surgery date?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i know a wonderful lady called skatermom, shes 140lbs down so far from the surgery, think shes still got a way to go. Maybe friend request her? Hope she doesn't mind me asking you. Shes a wonderful lady though and im sure she would be a great friend to have x
  • daynafort
    daynafort Posts: 4
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm waiting on the insurance approval as well, just another step in the process!
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What procedure are you having? I've lost almost 150 lbs with the help of my lapband and there are many other lapband patients on here (most of my friends are lapband patients) so you can friend me if you'd like.

Good luck with your journey! I can truely tell you that it was the best decision I've ever made for myself!!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There is a bypass/lapband group (400+ strong) you can all join. Go to community,click on groups and then scroll for us. Love to have you join us to share your journey and get friendly feedback. :drinker:
  • Kayde34
    Kayde34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had the gastric bypass April 30th, 2012. Into my first month. Now I need to start working out. I am in week four post op. I feel great. So happy I made this decision. :smile: I will add you. kd
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Had gastric bypass Nov 2010 and have lost 162lbs. Have 3 more lbs to go to reach my surgeon's goal for me and 12 more to goto reach my goal for me.

Have never for a moment regreted my decision. My life has totally changed for he better.

Feel free to friend me.

For exercise, I started doing Zumba a few months after my surgery. It took me awhile to get to where my body would move as I am 52 y/o and have arthiritis and fibromyalgia. But, it was the best thing I could have done---the flexibility, toning and endurance it gained me has been great. I do 4-6 Zumba classes a week now (started with 2/wk) and just recently started strength training. Been doing 5K races for a year. It is crucial that you start exercising if you really want to be healthy and fit, not just smaller. Good luck!