my pants look terrible!

Options
20carrots
20carrots Posts: 279 Member
I have lost 8 pounds in the last month since starting Jenny Craig. Yesterday I noticed that my pants were pretty big/saggy. In fact I could put them on and take them off w/o unbuttoning!

I feel like I'm FINALLY starting to see some real progress, off the yo-yo rollercoaster. But, do I buy new pants or wait a while longer? I'm getting a great looking new body, don't want to wear clothes that make me look frumpy!

Replies

• jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I waited and waited, but I did buy a pair or two along the way. Buy at least one new pair that fits you perfectly!! It's a good motivator. :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i wear leggings, with long floaty tops. you can loose a lot of weight before they start looking bad. I get the control ones, with a long floaty top they are actually quite slimming! x
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    buy some new pants!!! enjoy your success, girl:)
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    Get a couple new pair, you will feel better in clothes that show off your results!
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. it's hard to buy new clothes because i know i'll just be getting smaller ones in a few more months. I am doing nutrisystem. i thought about jenny craig but it's so expensive.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting to buy cheap until you reach your goal weight, try buying used like Goodwill.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'd be thrilled, lol! And ditto on the leggings!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hit up some thrift stores! I bought several pairs that were two sizes smaller than what I was originally wearing and due to size differences between brands, I've been able to slowly incorporate new pairs into rotation as they start to fit. That pile of slightly too small pants is quite a motivator to make them fit :D
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been holding off on buying new work pants because I am only about half way to my goal. However, I did buy a new pair of jeans, and they make me feel fantastic! I can't wait to fit back into all my old clothes again!!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Buy one or two pairs to motivate you, and when you lose enough that those are baggy and frumpy, you'll feel even better. Don't get an entirely new wardrobe until you fall into a routine where your weight is maintained, not dropping.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    buy some new pants!!! enjoy your success, girl:)

Do It! Great Job!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What I did was to buy two pairs in basic colors to carry me over. Besides baggy, loose pants really do bother and look awful, and you don't get to enjoy your new body. Enjoy your new size! :happy:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!! I'm coining a new term for this.... "PV" or "Pants Victory"

I too need to go out and buy some new pants... My capris are falling off me, and all but one or two pairs of jeans are too big. Plus it's summer, I think I'm gonna dare to buy some shorts. :devil:

MFP SHOPPING TRIP WUT
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I have the same problem. If I didn't wear a belt they would be on the floor. Some fit differently than others but all of them bunch up in the front and don't look the greatest. I probably should buy new clothes but really want to wait til I get a little closer to my goal.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yeah, get new clothes for sure, a little reward along with a little motivation to keep going is just the ticket
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I found an amazing thrift store in my area, and plan on taking some of my old (some hardly worn, like dresses) there to consign, then picking up a couple "new to me" pants to get me through until I hit my goals.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have been hitting the thrift stores to find clothes that mostly fit while I'm losing. I did buy a few new tops, but jeans seem impossible at this point. I'm sticking to sweat pants and skirts until I hit my goal! Lol. :) Congrats on your losses so far!
  • sparkmanr
    sparkmanr Posts: 14
    Options
    Five years ago I lost 50 pounds in five months. I started my weight loss journey and probably was down a good 25 pounds before I bought new clothes. I just wore a belt with my pants and my tops were big enough you couldn't tell. I finally had to break down and buy new pants and shirts for work. It was an awesome feeling because people were in shock. Even though they saw my face getting smaller they didn't realize how much weight I had truly lost because of the clothes still being big. It was nice to have people comment and compliment me on how much weight I had lost. If you aren't going for a wow factor then by all means do a little bargain shopping and get some clothes that fit. I know I felt great buying a smaller size. I handed down all my larger sizes to a friend that was larger than me. Of course now that I've gained almost all that weight back I wish I still had my clothes but oh well, that just means more shopping for me. :)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!! I'm coining a new term for this.... "PV" or "Pants Victory"

love it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!