HRM help:/

Options
I use my Polar FT7 5 days a week and hand wash it once a week. (I have heard to wash it every time and not to wash it every time) This morning during my workout it keep beeping saying lost heart rate or something like that - this happened 4 times.... I would push the right center button and it would start back up again. My question is why is it doing this? Has this happened to you? Is it breaking? I've had it for about 3-4 months. THANKS for reading my post. I 100% recommend this HRM so far it's been amazing, this is my first issue with it. :heart:

Replies

• wondrturtle
    wondrturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That happens to mine from time to time. I find that if I hand wash it with soap everytime, then throw it in the washer (not the dryer) once a week, I don't have that problem. It's so irritating when it doesn't track accurately!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I hand wash mine everyday. Usually just once with soap, the rest just with hot water. I fill the sink with hot water, swoosh it around. ;)
    Mine has done that where it loses heart rate and then I figure I need to wash it better the next time! Or tighten it up some. Hope it stops messing up on you. I hate that
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    I also love that HRM but oh, how the problem you've described annoys me... Some combination of washing or just thoroughly rinsing with water with varying frequencies tends to solve the problem early on. I rinse mine after every workout and let it air dry. Before I work out, I wet the band thoroughly, and I carefully wet the electrodes on receiving part that snaps into the front of the band. This seems to be working for me. My fiance has had his longer than I have, and this was no longer working so he's trying a new chest strap to see if it helps. His is more than a year old and has endured lots and lots of super sweaty workout sessions so I think it's life is nearing its end...good luck! And take a deep breath when it malfunctions. Throwing it against the wall apparently doesn't help it. :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If its not tight up agaist your skin youll get lost signal..ive had mine for 6+mths now and havent washed it yet..i do have to wet the sensors on my chest strap every time i use it tho. i have the FT4!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    yay! ...well either i've lost an inch and I need t tighten it, or I've stretched it out...I'm going to workout again in a little bit so I'm going to wash it again (hand wash) and hang it up to dry and tighten the straps and see if this solves my problem..I was thinking maybe it's the watch battery but watch batteries seem to last for a looong time...right? Thanks everyone for your 2 cents I really appreciate your input! Happy Friday ! :heart:
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If its not tight up agaist your skin youll get lost signal..ive had mine for 6+mths now and havent washed it yet..i do have to wet the sensors on my chest strap every time i use it tho. i have the FT4!
    ^^ I am the same as this. I just wipe mine over with a small damp towel so don't get water in it & handwash the strap part on it's own. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have to adjust mine almost every time I put it on...it seems to stretch out easier the longer I've owned it. I also oopsied and put it in the drier a couple times so that might have something to do with it.

Here's a link to the online owner's manual so you don't have to guess anymore whether or not you should wash it or rinse it or whatever...all the instructions are right there for you! See page 6 specifically

http://www.polar.fi/e_manuals/FT7/Polar_FT7_user_manual_English/Polar_FT7_user_manual_EN.pdf

Do you wet the electrode areas on the strap before use? That may also affect the reading.