The Avengers 3D!

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
Has anyone seen it?!! My boyfriend and I might go tomorrow and I can't wait!! I would love to hear your thoughts on the movie! Never have seen a movie in 3D!!

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...I have seen the movie [twice] but won't spoil it for you or anyone else who hasn't seen it.

That said, I am not fond of seeing films in 3D. At all.
    -wtk
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Avengers was great but 3D sucks.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    it's out in 3d? is it imax 3d too? i just can't find motivation to go to the movies anymore i seem to be so stressed/tired from working out :P
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Ooooh...I have seen the movie [twice] but won't spoil it for you or anyone else who hasn't seen it.

That said, I am not fond of seeing films in 3D. At all.
    -wtk

Really??! See my boyfriend said he didn't want to go see it in 3D, just regular.. but I have never seen a movie in 3D so I wanted to try it out!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Not into 3D, but I could watch the Avengers a few more times and LOVE IT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Oh bummer, all the bad reviews on 3D is making me rethink it! lol
  • LadyFleata
    LadyFleata Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The Avengers is awesome no 3D required!!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    It's just the new thing. A fad. But from a directorial point of view, it's just lazy.

Watching a movie in 3D focuses all of your attention on the center of the screen. The edges and peripherals are blurred and your brain does most of the work to make it appear in tact. So when you watch a film in 3D, you lose out on probably a third of the area where action or intrigue could happen.
    -wtk
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I saw it last night, but not 3D. It was great!!! You'll especially appreciate it if you've seen all the other Marvel movies, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.

3D is alright but it's just never worth the extra ticket cost to me. I don't hate it, but it's not really that exciting in my opinion.
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    Hubby and I went to see it IMAX 3D--loved it :)
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Had a friend see it in 3D and loved it. So we are going back to see it in 3D on Mothers day, check it out for yourself!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Great movie, make sure you stick around afterwards....until ALL the credits have finished \m/
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I remember something about the avengers while I was eating that big bag of popcorn on Sunday. LOL

It was awesome and was real cool in 3D
  • lokun1
    lokun1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Saw it in 3D, <3'd it and am scheming to go see it in IMAX.

I'm not a big movie fan, and usually 3D gives me a bit of a headache ~~ but not at all with this film. Have a blast!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I saw it in 3D. Awesome movie but the 3D thing doesn't really impress me. I went to the 3D showing only because those were the only tickets available at the time. Definitely recommend the movie!
  • SunnyB09
    SunnyB09 Posts: 20
    Options
    I saw it in IMAX 3D! Loved it!! :)
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We saw it Wednesday night in 3D and it was a great movie!! Just make sure you stay until the VERY end!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I saw it in 2D a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Do want to see it again, shame we only got the one post credit sequence in the UK :grumble:
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I saw it last night, but not 3D. It was great!!! You'll especially appreciate it if you've seen all the other Marvel movies, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.

3D is alright but it's just never worth the extra ticket cost to me. I don't hate it, but it's not really that exciting in my opinion.

Yes I have seen All of those Marvel Movies ( well, not the Hulk ) which is why I am SOOO excited to see the Avengers. I LOVED Iron man the most! Can't wait.. I will see about 3D.. I may rather want to spend the extra $ on a little goodie :)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Film was pretty good - not 9 or 10 out of 10 like a lot of people are seeing but definitely should go watch it.

I could go on a big rant about why 3D isn't good, but I will say with this film in particular, it wasn't actually filmed in 3D, it was added afterwards and so doesn't work as well as a proper 3d film.

this guy sums up well why it doesn't work.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011/01/post_4.html