Sudden pot belly?! WHY!!!

Options
Looking for some advice-- So far, I am down approx 30 pounds. But I have been feeling very yucky the last few days-- I wake up feeling bloated. I have also noticed over the last couple weeks that my belly seems to be growing (?!?!?!). I'm very new to all of this, so I'm looking for feedback for a possible root cause.

I haven't had any type of consistent increase in sodium that would lead to bloating, I work out 5 days a week (but I do admit I don't focus on my stomach very much)-- could my lack of ab workouts be a cause? I'm just confused why it seems to be moving to that area-- and why I feel so bloated?

Any suggestions or tips?! THANK YOU!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    No. Your lack of bloating is not from not doing ab exercises.

It is either food related or medical.

Bloating can be caused by an increase in fiber or carbs (for some people) If you haven't changed your diet much, then you should probably seek medical advice.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good reason to visit the doctor just to be sure everything is ok. I personally have noticed that I lost weight everywhere except the stomach and that has been the last to start shrinking. Is it possible that your stomach is simply more noticeable because you've lost in all the other places? Or is it legitimately growing? My gut is small but is more noticeable now that I'm skinny everywhere else.
  • Jennalynna777
    Options
    Just a thought, any possibility of pregnancy?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    ^^That, or it could just be a temporary water retention due to too much sodium and working out. Or, maybe you are just noticing it more because you've lost so much body fat. We all have the one place we put on weight first. Unfortunately it's the last place we lose it.