CRANKY

Options
I am so cranky today. I woke up snapping at my animals and grumbling about everything. It MAY have to do with the fact there is a gross rain/snow thing happening outside right now (Yay living in the frozen white north) but it may also have to do with my monthly cycle being a jerk today.

SO, what I want from you, my fellow MFPers, is to either make me laugh, cheer me up, or give me some advice on how to get over the crank.

I'm teaching gym today so I've got two hours of yoga that I get to do to de-stress and un-crank. Plus another hour or two after school for a healthy living program.

GO!

Replies

• george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    well yesterday i was sqeezin my big butt between two tables at the fleamarket and a nail hooked my underwear band and tore and streached it like 10 feet , it was still hooked to the nail i thought the tight fit was holding me back
  • SemiChaud
    SemiChaud Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Haa haa!! OMG. Did anyone notice?
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Crankiness sucks. I am SO there. The monthly love fairy has also paid me a visit this morning, so I understand.

One thing that can be a day changer for me, is to take my time getting dressed, and wear something I normally wouldn't, even if it's a pair of dangly earrings or something silly like that. Something that'll just make you feel a little better about yourself.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    nothing funny for you--still on my 1st cup of coffee--but one thing that got me over the Cranks was this: tell my DH and any other close person, and the parrots too (they are quite sensitive to moods) that I am cranky and on the edge, and if I bite their heads off please ignore me because it's not them, it's me being on the edge. Then the amazing thing was that when I was about to snap, I stopped myself even though I had warned them it would happen--weird, right? It was like I knew they would be saying to themselves, "Aha, there she goes, she can't control herself just like she said..." and I so didn't want that to happen that I controlled myself! Don't understand it, but it worked for me! I'm "changed" now, so it's no longer a concern, and I gotta tell you, the other side is WONDERFUL! something to look forward to? Hope so.

...oh yeah, I guess a shot of bourbon after breakfast is out of the question? :flowerforyou:
  • angrydolly
    angrydolly Posts: 22
    Options
    I am not a morning person. People run from me, or hide from me, or just avoid talking. You can actually tell when I am the most cranky, because my dogs listen better. (lol)

Usually, after I storm around like some angry little man, I lock myself into my bedroom (that is quite toasty and warm) and eat my breakfast alone in the happy warm silence. Usually, at that point, whatever funk I was in, is over.

Some times, you just need to give your brain a minute to re-adjust and wake itself up :) If that doesn't work, eat a piece of chocolate. ;)
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

everyoooonnne noticed
  • SemiChaud
    Options
    Its generally frowned upon to drink before you teach. :D
  • SemiChaud
    Options
    There is a large bar of dark chocolate waiting for me at home. Also slow cooker beef stew *yum*
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ok I've got a funny story for you. I've noticed yesterday that my scale was giving me a different weight depending on where it was placed on the bathroom floor. So I decided to see how many different numbers I could get. I ran around the house (naked btw) trying to find a good place to put the scale so that my numbers would atleast be regular. As I was placing the scale in the kitchen, I realized that the shades were up and our neighborhood lawn care guys were working in front of my property. I have never dropped to the floor so quickly. I then crawled out of the kitchen and ran upstairs to throw some clothes on.
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

everyoooonnne noticed

Totally love this - I'm so glad that you are willing to put yourself out there for someone in need.... this is one of those things that "just happens!" You either go with the flow and laugh about it... or not. Good choice to laugh.... You're amazing!
  • SemiChaud
    Options
    OMG! I would have totally done that, too *already does it* I get 4 seperate readings depending on where the scale is set in my BATHROOM, let alone in the whole house lol

Thanks for the story :)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your crankiness. I get that way when I am hungry.