Plateaued... help!

Options
:sad: I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 2 months! I'm excercising 5 days a week, 2 of those days with a trainer. He motivates me as much as he can but I know its ultimately up to me.My food intake could be better.I find myself falling into temptation...being too carb friendly. I sometimes eat out of impulse and then feel guilty. I don't have a weekly menu b/c I don't know what to eat. I have to have a structured menu or else every food in sight is fair game. Any advice?

Replies

• amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi there! First of all you are on the right forum for help with meal "planning"..what I mean is..are you logging your food and getting a calorie count on the FOOD slot. Secondly, exercise will build muscle which weighs heavier than fat so it may be that you are losing weight anyway. Just one other thing...why not Google for a healthy eating plan? You'll be surprised what turns up.

All the very best to you.

P.S. I have plateaud for over a year so I do know what it's like!
  • plr150
    plr150 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Plateau does not equal failure. Weight increases with more muscle mass. Look at your measurements. As far as impulse control with dieting, every person here probably has that problem! When I slip up, I try to remember and focus on whatever it was that motivated me to lose weight in the beginning. Also, I have heard that switching up the type of exercise you are doing is helpful too. I have seen other people post that very fast cardio drills throughout their workout increase metabolism.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not open. What are your avg net cal? Are you eating your complex carbs in the morning? Then switching to simple carbs in the afternoon. And green veggies for dinner.
  • bfmartinez
    bfmartinez Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! @ Amyllu I'll try looking up healthy meals :) and thanks for the encouragement! @plr150, I think that may be my problem, when I started I was super motivated and since I've plateaued my motivation has gone down :( trying to find some inspiration again. I'll look into that fast cardio your talking about :) Thanks. @ columbus27 How would I open my food diary?
  • tlo5
    tlo5 Posts: 16
    Options
    I plateaued too. I finally joined a friend and took the Shakeology 3 day cleanse challenge. It took 4 lbs off and inches on my legs and hips. I did a mild exercise routine while on the cleanse. On day 4, I felt amazing. Its helps you rethink your choices after being on the cleanse. You should check it out!