30 day Shred

Options
lcarr1020
lcarr1020 Posts: 62 Member
I am possibly going to start the Jullian Michael's 30 day shred this weekend and would love some feedback from thoes that have tried it. Was it helpful and did you notice a difference?

Replies

• Revenga1980
    Revenga1980 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi There.

I just started it myself and I have got to tell you that its awesome. I haven't noticed results specifically from it yet because I just started but it will make you sweat...alot. You will feel it in your muscles and you will want to keep going. I did the first and second videos yesterday back to back and I burned alot of calories!

Good luck
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as the poster above, I've been doing it for 10 days now and it kicks your butt!

I would say give it a shot!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm on Level 3 of it and I have noticed a difference, but I also hit the gym after I do it. I've lost a total of 6 inches since I've began it and I think I've only lost a few pounds.

The one thing I have noticed is my knees do get to hurting, but I'm not use to a lot of these moves.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did it 4 days/week for 30 days, doing extra cardio on the days off from the dvd. The first level didn't really feel very tough (but that might just be because I'm a little accustomed to exercise?), level 2 was a little difficult in the third circuit, and level 3 was difficult pretty much from the get-go. I lost 3 lbs (though only a net of 1 because I'd gone up 2 prior to starting) and 4 inches (measuring biceps, bust, waist, hips, and thighs). HTH!
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LOVE JILLIAN!!!! Just remember to measure everything!! I did the full 30 days in 34 days... I only lost 3 pounds..., but I did start seeing definition in my arms, butt & legs. I just need to see the scale move before I can allow a little weight gain from muscle mass(it's a mental thing I know, but it is what it is).... so I am back on full cardio & better diet.... then in a few months when I am at my goal weight, I am going to tone & help maintain by doing Jillian regularly... I am thinking I will just keep repeating the 30 days 'cause I do enjoy doing it.
    Stick to it... you might find it difficult at first, but as she says, by day 5 or 6, you'll notice it getting "easier" and at the end, you'll feel so proud of yourself for sticking to it!! Just cut yourself some slack like I did... if I was struggling on a certain day, I just did modified version... no shame in that, you're still doing it!! If it was easy, it wouldn't work!!
    AND ABOUT THE KNEES... my 1st time around doing this, I experienced the same thing, so the 2nd time around, I made sure I would look down at my knees & make sure they were not pushed forward over my toes... as jillian will point out to you! I had to mentally be aware of this even on all 3 levels, so keep that in check & you'll be fine :wink: Enjoy it!!! And if you're like me, you may curse her out every now & then, it's a bit of a Love/Hate relationship, but thta's why it works, she challenges you!! Good Luck!!
  • sarah120906
    sarah120906 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing workout for only 27 minutes! I received wonderful results from the shred and then Ripped in 30. I would post my pictures if I remembered how to do it...
  • sarah120906
    sarah120906 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing workout for only 27 minutes! I received wonderful results from the shred and then Ripped in 30. I would post my pictures if I remembered how to do it...

My results are at the top of this page. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/272924-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread

I mainly did the Shred 4-5 times a week. When I took a day off I wouldn't count it in the 30 days so I believe it took me around 40 days to do all 3 levels for 10 days at a time. I would do some walking and swimming for extra, but it would only be like 20 minutes or so. Once I completed the Shred, I went on to Ripped in 30 and got more results. Then I got pregnant!!! Go figure:) I am now 5 weeks postpartum and started the Shred again. I'm on level 1, day 7 today and have already lost an inch from my waist and an inch from my hips. Stick to it...it really works!
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost like 10 lbs or more and fitness wise I can do so much more now! You should definately do it.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my third day. It's fun but she really works you out! If you can loose a few pounds from eating right and doing a light working out you will def loose weight by eating right and doing the 30 day shred.
  • kshast
    kshast Posts: 2
    Options
    Jillian also made a new workout called Ripped in 30, which is what I'm doing. It's the same principle as 30 day shred, just revamped, and I assume more challenging (if you couldn't find the 30 Day Shred). Good luck!
  • stefizzle9109
    Options
    I literally just bought it off walmart like two seconds ago. I will be starting it next week. Feel free to add me if you would like. I plan to do it atleast 4-5 days a week. Question for people who have done it already

How many calories should I be eating? and How long should I use each workout (ex: Level 1 for 7 days?)
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 today of level two. I haven't lost weight (maybe a pound?) so far but in 18 days I have lost a total of 7.5 inches so far!!
    I have been doing it every day, and have no skipped days. :-) Good luck!
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up today. Here are my results in a nutshell: 2 lb lost, 3.5" lost off my lower body (I don't measure my arms and other upper body....I probably should), and I can now do push-ups from my toes! Not the whole set of push-ups, but a few. Not too shabby for 30-40 days work in 30 min/day...

I love the workout because it's quick, it's efficient, it combines strength and cardio and about 5 days into every level I would notice little changes in how things were toned. Not huge, but noticible. Going through this has inspired me to buy her 'ripped in 30 DVD' and I fear starting it a little...
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have seen people on here who have had awesome results! I tried it, and developed tendonitis for the first time ever, in my right knee. I see that a lot on mfp, with similar stories. I'm not totally sure I blame the shred, but enough people have had a similar experience to not at least consider it. My knee is almost back to normal now, but I'm not sure I'll go back to that program.

If you do it, just watch your form on the exercises that stress the knee. That may be where I went wrong. Good luck!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I finish it tomorrow. I've definitely noticed changes. I blogged about my progress earlier this week plus something about my second-to-last day today... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224?month=201205 Feel free to check that out if you like. I've not done measurements since the end of level 2, but at that point I had gone down about 5 inches & 5 lbs. I've lost another lb and a half since. I've gotten some sexy arms... :) My belly is flatter, my butt is smaller... I'll know more tomorrow and will blog again with more pictures. :smile: Good luck to you, the program works and is definitely worth doing.
  • yehzoe
    yehzoe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im about to start maybe monday!! Anyine Feel free to add me for support, im looking forward to it!!
    :D
  • LadyG33
    LadyG33 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have tried it.... You will not notice weight loss, but you will notice inches lost. Do modified versions of the exercises for about a week, this way it helps ease your knees and legs into the exercises. Good luck!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am possibly going to start the Jullian Michael's 30 day shred this weekend and would love some feedback from thoes that have tried it. Was it helpful and did you notice a difference?

I ordered mine on Ebay yesterday....I'm looking forward to it.....I will certainly be reporting my progress...I just hope my apt is big enough.
  • nscarebear
    nscarebear Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've done it.

I found it very effective, especially towards the beginning of my fitness - everything seemed so hard! But its only 20 minutes long so it's easy to get through.

I forget what my exact results were, but I think I lost around 5lbs and several inches all over.

I definitely reccommend it! Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!