my personal trick for getting my *kitten* to the gym!! it WORKS.

Options
I don't know if this is something that's already been posted or if it'll work for you guys, but i thought i'd share because i've been in a MAJOR workout slump, and this has really helped me get back on the horse.

When I get home from work I never feel like going to the gym. I'm tired, my husband will be home soon and i want to hang out with him and lounge!! However, I need to go to the gym so my first rule of thumb is don't set the goal too high. It's daunting and will make me be like "oh *kitten* it, i'm not doing that". I'll tell myself "any exercise is better than no exercise". I'll set myself a goal of 30 minutes (30 minutes really isnt that long at all, especially if you read a book or watch tv). I end up getting a pretty good workout out of it, and a lot of times i end up thinking "i can do another 10 minutes or 15" .. sometimes I'll even do 20 more.

The goal is just to get out the door and get there. that's 90% of the battle.

good luck everyone!

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't go home after work. I go to the gym! On the weekends I workout and clean like mad all morning then fun, fun, fun the rest of the time!