NSV First 5k

Options
Justins68ford
Justins68ford Posts: 16 Member
Did my first 5k last week posted 29 minutes. who is happy? this guy. Gotta do a half marathon in October

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good luck on the half, but take it easy when upping your miles, nothing worse than working super hard and getting injured and not being able to reach the goal you set.
  • Cheeessseee
    Cheeessseee Posts: 29
    Options
    awesome job! thats better then i've ever done!
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I just finished the c25k yesterday evening. I ran 5k for the first time in 17 years. I have my first ever race next month.

Good luck on your next goal!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Awesome Congratulations! i did my first race last month but it was a mud run--58 minutes. I'm doing my first official 5k tomorrow. I am just hoping to run the whole thing.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    wow! fantastic! i hope to start c25k soon, when my doctors ok it. (i had major surgery 2 months ago) cant wait to run my first 5k. 28 mins seems fast too! well done! must feel amazing! x
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! :)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good luck on the half, but take it easy when upping your miles, nothing worse than working super hard and getting injured and not being able to reach the goal you set.

This!!^^

I am doing nothing more than a 10k until next year. Too hard and fast, too soon and I was down for weeks with overuse injuries. Good Luck!
  • Justins68ford
    Options
    Well, I guess technically my first race was a mud run as well, but there was a whole lot of standing around and waiting for obstacles, I didnt think to count it. It was just a fun time.
  • Justins68ford
    Options
    Thank-you all I'm just starting to get into running, so I will heed your warnings. I will definently be dropping my pace for the long beach half. For the longer races its more about finishing to me than anything else my goal is to do a marathon next year, after I do one marathon i may never do anything over a 10k again lol.
  • prsusa38
    prsusa38 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good luck and hope you reach your goal of the marathon.
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    Way to go! I just ran the equivalent of my first 5K this morning - took me 38 mins, but my goal was to run the whole thing and I did. I wanted to do it by Memorial Day, so I beat my goal by 2 weeks. Doesn't it feel awesome to know that your body can do it?
  • Justins68ford
    Options
    It does feel awesome thanks for the reply, it keeps me motivated, I want more now, I already scheduled another one so it will help me stay motivated and keep training. I was pretty nervous going into it because all I ever really do is run on the treadmill ( I live in the desert its terrible for running outside sometimes) but it wasn't too bad and i beat my 10 minute mile pace.
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Niiiice!! I"m doing my first one tomorrow....i'm stoked!
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your first 5k and great time. Definitely take the advice of not pushing to hard on the distance. Running injuries are no fun and seem to take forever to heal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!